Guest Bedroom Update

Yesterday I gave you a full overview of everything we did over the weekend, but today I thought I might be a bit more specific and provide an update about our guest bedroom.

I'm not going to show you a before and after transformation, because (1) the transformation hasn't happened yet and (2) it is embarrassing showing the before. The before may make you say "Wow!" but I'm not exactly posting for shock factor.

So far we have the duvet which I showed you yesterday:

Raymond Waites Eden Park 6 Piece Duvet Set from Bloomingdales

blankets from Ralph Lauren for the bed in cream and green:

Lauren Ralph Lauren Blanket, Classic from Macy's

These blankets are currently on sale at Macy's! Justin and I also have the blue and white for the master bedroom. They are so soft and light!

pillow cases and fitted sheet from Bloomingdales during their going out of business sale last year. We haven't bought a sheet yet since, originally, the fitted sheet and pillow cases were going to be for the master bedroom.

pillows from Costco:

Pacific Coast Luxury White Goose Down Pillow Soft Support

We currently only have 2, but we will have at least 4 by the time our guests arrive.

a quilt for the end of the bed. We originally bought the quilt, from a thrift store, to exist as the comforter/duvet/top layer for the guest bed, but we decided we preferred having an actual duvet. Instead the plan, currently, is to place the quilt at the foot of the bed like they do in department stores. It will be great during the winter if our guests get cold. :)

a feather topper to go in the duvet. Originally we were given the feather topper for the master bedroom, but since Justin and I use a heavy quilt as our bedspread, the feather topper was much too heavy for me. I would always find myself sleeping on the bedspread with a blanket, because it was too much trouble to move at night. Until Justin and I get a duvet for the master bedroom, the feather topper will go on the guest bed!

a wicker headboard which we will use from my childhood room:


I dislike it, but I don't dislike the free use of it! Plus, we will grab the mattress, boxsprings, and bed frame as well. 

a wardrobe from Ikea (which is not really for guest use since it is filled with fabric for sewing!):

Ikea Birkeland Wardrobe

a dresser that is also from Ikea (that we haven't bought yet and that we plan to change the knobs for):

Ikea Hemnes 8 drawer dresser

some green bottle lamps that Justin made a long time ago:

I got on a recycling kick before getting married in which I wanted to turn old beer and wine bottles into drinking glasses. Since the glass cutter Justin used on the bottles made the glass too sharp to comfortably drink out of, he decided to make lamps instead with lamp kits found at Home Depot. While I would still like to make homemade glasses out of wine bottles, for now wine bottle lamps in the guest bedroom will suffice. (Imagine the lamps without the sticker. We will probably also give the lamps a brighter colored lampshade... white or cream.)

and wedding decorations:

image courtesy of Darwin Young

Specifically the cherry blossoms and maybe a candle holder.

We might also hang our cherry blossom fingerprint tree in the guest bedroom if we can find a spot.

image courtesy Darwin Young; cherry blossom tree courtesy of Gaylezoe on Etsy

Putting a mirror in the room on the dresser would be ideal but it depends on space. I, personally, cannot imagine staying with someone with one bathroom and no mirror in the guest bedroom.

Although we are still playing with ideas for curtains, I'm thinking we will use white or cream colored sheers with either the same color or a pink scarf over the top. (Is scarf what they call it?) If we go with white or cream over the top, we will probably use some pink flowers over the curtains to bring a little bit of color up.

I love using panels, because they are so versatile. After spending more than $70 on curtains for my childhood bedroom with 2 windows, we were able to move my panels to a bedroom with a single very large window. I call that saving money. Plus no one else wants my curtains when they move into the house. My curtains don't go with their furniture.

So there you go. That is a snapshot of what we presume our spare bedroom will look like come May.

Now to get past the clutter! Wish us luck!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...