Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Miracle Dry Oil


As a member of BzzAgent, I was sent a new product by Garnier Fructis called Triple Nutrition Miracle Dry Oil. It's a product for the hair, skin, and face to correct dry skin and frizzy hair problems.

Considering I have enough problems controlling my hair and I didn't feel like screwing up my face, I can only really remark on the healing properties of the "miracle" oil on dry skin.

While I love the concept of this product, if I were to give it a rating, I would probably only give it maybe 3 out of 5 stars. The product is definitely oil based, but I'm not so certain about the "miracle" properties of it.


Let's start with what I liked:

1. It's not lotion! I love the smell of certain lotions, but I hate how greasy my skin feels after applying it. Furthermore, lotion application is often cold. Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Miracle Dry Oil soaks into your skin quickly which means you aren't left with the greasy feeling for very long. Yay! It's also easy to apply - a spritz on all of the dry areas of your skin and you are done! It takes maybe 2 seconds. The instructions suggest massaging it into the skin, but I was too lazy to follow the directions.

2. It has a wide variety of oils in a 5 oz. bottle that costs only $5.50/bottle. If you've ever tried to price out oils, you know how expensive they can get.

3. Immediately after spritzing on the skin, your skin feels soft and looks better. Unfortunately, this doesn't necessarily last for very long. It looks like prolonged use might be beneficial though.

And for what I didn't like:

1. The smell! I thought it would be fragrant when I got it... like a perfume, hair spray, or lotion. This product smells like... oil. Big surprise, I know.

2. I've been trying to go SLS free on my hair and pay closer attention to what I consume/use. I'm still figuring it out, but... the point is that I don't know what some of the ingredients are. When I googled one of the ingredients, the internet claimed one of the ingredients is likely to clog pores on your face resulting in acne. Do you really want to risk it? I'll have to get my husband to look at the ingredients with me since he is more familiar with the names used for ingredients then I am.

3. The name. I know it's silly, but what the heck is a "dry oil"? Is there such a thing as a "wet oil"? Why didn't they just skip the "dry" part and say it's a "miracle oil" which would make more sense to me except for the fact that I did not experience any true miracles while using it. Don't expect the product to work in a day or a week... It definitely helps with dry, itchy skin, but it doesn't solve the problem. (The problem is probably that I need to drink more water. No oil can fix that.)


So, while I'm grateful to BzzAgent and Garnier Fructis for sending me the Triple Nutrition Miracle Dry Oil to try, I'm not entirely certain I would purchase the product on my own. I definitely like the simplicity of the squirt and go method, but, in the end, I probably need to find a solution to my dry skin that is more permanent than a skin oil can provide on it's own.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...