JShoppers Review


Last week, I ordered this Ryu Ryu Collar Decoration Tunic from JShoppers. After the trouble I had with BuyTrends, I decided to wait to post a review until I received the item. Well, guess what? Within a week, I received my product! It was a completely different shopping experience, and I definitely prefer receiving my orders within seven days to never receiving my orders!

So anyway, when you visit JShoppers, they have a language menu at the very top of the page. From there you can click on a category and look at a wide variety of goods. I promise it took me approximately 10 minutes or more to look through all of the tops. (I can't remember the exact time, but I know it took a while.) The items I picked were actually items from the front page as part of their new spring collection. When you decide on an item and you click on it, they provide the Japanese price as well as their estimate for the American equivalent. (When you go to check out, paypal, if you use it, will decide on the actual equivalent depending on what is going on with the American dollar and the Japanese yen.) The other thing to notice is that Japanese sizes are in centimeters rather than inches, so definitely keep this in mind when ordering.

I don't really have a whole lot to say regarding the prices of items at JShoppers. I have read that you can get the items cheaper when buying from the actual Japanese companies, but my inability to read Japanese and my lack of a Japanese address make that a tad difficult. I know there are ways to use a Japanese company that will receive your purchase for you and re-ship them to your American address, but I've been a little nervous in dealing with that just yet. Maybe in the future I will attempt, so that I can order an item or two from Liz Lisa. :)

As to the clothing from JShoppers, I think the quality for what I bought was pretty good. The top was actually silky and very light and comfortable. It was nice to wear on a spring day. I thought it would be a bit short, but actually the top was almost like wearing a dress. It hit me right between my waist and knees. I ordered the medium, because they didn't have a size small, so I can't really say if Japanese sizes, on this site, are equivalent to American sizes. The medium seemed to be a tad big on me, but since I have such wide shoulders, I'm not sure I would have been able to get a smaller size on. I am worried about washing the top due to the many sequins that look to be glued on. Perhaps hand washing will work best for the top. (Care instructions are listed on the product pages for items from JShoppers.)

I also bought a pair of leggings to wear with my top. I think they were listed as "free size". They were a bit long for me and just a little bit too big, but they were still wearable and looked cute with the top.

Anyway, I think the clothes from JShoppers are unique, fun, and the style is rarely seen in the US. In fact, because the style is rarely seen in the US, I received a compliment on my top from nearly every woman I ran into yesterday! It definitely made the whole shopping experience seem worthwhile. (Especially since clothes in the US often seem cheaply made, and they aren't unique at all.) I will probably be ordering from JShoppers again in the near future. I have a pair of jeans I want to order from them and a sweater.

3 comments:

  1. They are so irresponsible. I had a very disappointing experience with jshoppers recently. I am living in Canada. One month ago, I ordered from Amazon.jp to jshoppers for forwarding. But they sent the package to a wrong address(the address in my order page from amazon can show that I used the correct forwarding address), then when I asked them how they are going to solve the problem, they replied that I need to contact EMS myself to change the address to my correct address....Come on, as a receiver, how I can contact EMS with only a tracking number and ask them to send the package to me? Of course EMS rejected. I wrote emails to jshoppers many many times, but no one was helping. I had to call a lot of places, then the people in the wrong address was helpful and helped me to return the package to jshoppers...Actually they could just take the package for themselves. Then, jshoppers got the package, they asked me to pay a second time for the sending fee, or else they will return the package to the seller or just discard it...I feel very angry and disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with JShoppers. :( Every experience I've had with them (once, 2 years ago) has been good. I hope they are able to make everything right for you.

      Delete
    2. Usually, when items are sent to a wrong address, the receiver takes care of it. We have had that issue happen a couple of times (due to moving and forgetting to update addresses on websites), and have always had to call the carrier to correct the issue. UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc, all require the receiver to make the adjustment, regardless of whether or not it was the receiver's fault. Now, I realize that EMS is based in China and they do things differently, but that's just how it is. Certain carriers have more difficulties making adjustments, especially if they're overseas. I suggest going straight to the source (i.e. buying from the actual JShoppers website) next time to avoid mishaps.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...