Patterns I Love

After stumbling on Blog for Better Sewing on my pinterest page, I decided to share some of my favorite patterns with my readers. Apparently blogger Gertie currently comes up with patterns for Butterick and posts about them on her blog. I have one of her patterns posted below, so be sure to go to her blog or look for her patterns at your local pattern retailer (Hancock?). If you love vintage clothes as much as me, I'm sure you won't be disappointed!

Simplicity 2231

This is one of my favorite patterns. It's so vintage and feminine. Justin and I picked up a copy of this pattern about a year ago. I don't know how we will dress it down for daily wear, but I am very excited about the possibility of owning this dress in the future. :)

Simplicity 2404

I'm also a little bit in love with this one. I think it would be a fun summer dress. While the pattern shows the dress as poofy, I would love to wear it without a crinoline. (I <3 full circle skirts.)

Butterick 6837

I LOVE that I found an old designer coat pattern. I think the style is absolutely gorgeous. There is no way you could wear this coat out and about and not make a statement. Of course it's hard to imagine wearing Betsy Johnson without making a statement anyway since her pieces are always so bold, colorful, and in your face.

Butterick 5824

The coat above was the one I was talking about earlier by pattern designer Gertie. Isn't it absolutely splendid?

I think the following coat was styled off of Gertie's pattern and I can so perfectly imagine wearing it with the pair of Free People boots shown below.

1950's style coat

Free People boots

I have no idea how many of my blog readers are actually interested in patterns... vintage or the like, but there you go. You have now seen my favorite vintage patterns. Now I need to learn to sew so that I might actually get to wear them someday!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...