Weekend Recap & Guest Preparation

Justin and I had a very busy weekend! We were all over the place on Saturday and then, between cooking and sewing, Justin also worked on Sunday.

Before I talk about what we actually did this weekend, let me give you all a play-by-play of our plans for our rental house. In the list, there are some things we intend to have finished by the time our guests arrive in May while others may never get finished. It really all depends on how much better the project will make our lives and our financial status. Typically projects that will improve our quality of life and that we can take with us when we decide to upgrade to a home we actually own will always take priority over other projects/items on our list.

Over the weekend, we spent a good bit of time working on the list.

Justin needed new shoes. I expected the new shoes looking to take all day, but in fact we were able to complete the task within an hour and under the amount we anticipated paying! Yay! (Or at least it would have been yay if I hadn't found a pair of shoes that brought up the cost to that which we expected to pay.)

So then we took off to Marshalls and TJ Maxx just to look around. I've never really been a fan of these stores, but I thought it couldn't hurt to look. Surprisingly I emerged with a $50 Ralph Lauren blanket I've been watching at Macy's for $25! (We will be putting this blanket on our guest bed.) We also found a shower curtain rod and hooks for the shower curtain for approximately $15. I'm not sure how much shower curtain rods typically go for, but the ones I've seen at Bed, Bath and Beyond retail for far more!

Don't you just love the Anthropologie shower curtain?

Unfortunately, our trips to two cheap stores were followed up by a trip to one expensive store where we obtained the duvet cover for our guest bedroom and... Rag and Bone jeans. I had been watching the duvet cover for a while. Originally when I found it, it was on sale, but I didn't buy it then. When it went back up in price, I decided that perhaps it wasn't the duvet cover for us. Well, this weekend the duvet cover was back down in price with an extra 16% off for being a Bloomingdales loyalist member. Since Justin liked the duvet and the customer's associate was able to find one perfect size in the back of the store (rather than having to order it online), we went ahead and bought it. It's still packaged up nice and pretty until we get the spare bedroom cleaned out and a bed put up there. (So exciting!)

We are hoping this duvet will go well with our cherry blossom wedding decorations.

I don't know what to tell you about the Rag and Bone skinny jeans. Moment of weakness, I guess? We thought they were on sale for 15% off plus the loyalist discount, but it turns out they weren't. The jeans are so cute and make me feel skinny... especially with my new heeled black ankle boots. Plus, on Sunday, with Justin helping me get ready by putting my boots on me while I brushed my teeth, I felt like Cinderella.  Fancy jeans, cute boots, and a top I frequently get compliments on... who wouldn't feel like Cinderella?

Don't get me wrong though. Not all of our weekend was taken over with shopping. I also managed to scrub the vent over our stove fairly well and do every last bit of laundry while Justin cooked and sewed. We also ran into the little girl I watch while we were out and about on Saturday! 

But anyway, after this past Saturday's expenses, I'm afraid dear friends that this house is quickly becoming very feminine and not at all what I anticipated. Justin has agreed every step of the way though, so we'll see what we can do about masculining it up. Perhaps we'll throw some green in to the guest bedroom or some red into the living room. It will be fun.

What do you think? Are you worried for Justin yet? I know I am!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...