Y: NYC, New York

NYC (October 2017)

Focusing has been difficult the past few months, so I'm taking an alternative approach to A-Z this year: looking back at past travel, editing or re-editing images from travels before, and responding to travel-related questions. Hope you are able to join me on this journey to my past!

For Day Y, I just picked a random image I felt like editing because Y not? 😛

Other places I considered for this post: ?

Onward –

74. What is something you've taken while traveling that you've regretted taking?

BOOKS! They are heavy! Unless you have any intention of leaving the books at your destination, it may not be worth the extra weight in your luggage.


Speaking of weight, GIFTS. Yes, it saves in postage, but once again is it worth carrying the extra weight? (Of course, I'm saying this as someone who has carried heavy bottles to someone as a gift. Needless to say, I was thrilled to hand them off to the receiver! lol.)


Umbrellas. It never rains when you bring them. Plus, there is probably an umbrella available at your hotel for you to borrow.

75. Strict schedule or go with the flow?

A mix? I like having a plan so that there isn’t any downtime, but things come up. Sometimes you just need to go with the flow and be flexible. Like, what if you stumble across a really awesome farmer’s market on your way to do something on the list? If you have to stick to your schedule, you miss out on the farmer’s market. And maybe the farmer’s market is better? So, I always like to keep my options open.

76. What is your dream traveling experience?

So many.

I want to see the cherry blossoms in Japan with my friend Tony. (He speaks Japanese, so he’s really the ideal person to explore Japan with.)


Greece and Spain are calling my name. I want to try the foods and see the Mediterranean from there.


One day I want to explore New Zealand and check out where Lord of the Rings was filmed.


And I want to see Sydney, Australia. But in winter when it’s cooler there. Or in the summer. But if I go in the summer, I want to be there for New Year’s eve so that I can see the fireworks.

Can you think of any places that start with the letter Y? Do you like doing things on the fly or do you prefer to have a plan?



See other posts in this year's A-Z.

ABCDEFG HIJKLMN OPQRSTUVWX


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...