O: O'ahu, HI

O'ahu, Hawai'i (February 2017)

Focusing has been difficult the past few months, so I'm taking an alternative approach to A-Z this year: looking back at past travel, editing or re-editing images from travels before, and responding to travel-related questions. Hope you are able to join me on this journey to my past!

For Day O, I decided to edit an image from Hawai'i, because I'm trying to cover as many different places from all over the world as possible in this A-Z challenge. Plus, O'ahu is absolutely gorgeous.

Other places I considered for this post: Orange Beach (AL)

On to today's questions –

43. What is the most beautiful beach you have ever set foot on?

I may be a little partial but I very much enjoyed my last evening in Hawai'i at Banzai Pipeline/Ehukai Beach Park. The waves were so huge, much bigger than any I had ever seen on the east coast! The area is known as a popular place for surfers, especially during the winter, which was when we were there. We watched the sunset and simply relaxed after a week of going, going, going. Rain was rolling in, so it wasn't the most beautiful sunset I had ever seen, but I think I needed the downtime which was part of the appeal of the beach. I'm sure there may be more beautiful beaches in Hawai'i, but, like I said, I will always have a special place in my heart for this one. ❤️

A beautiful beach I haven't actually set foot on and probably never will is the beach where McWay Falls is in the Big Sur area of California. I have heard that if you try to adventure over to the beach, you can get a hefty fine and possible jail time! From up high though, the beach is absolutely gorgeous and a potential dream come true.

44. What has been your favorite museum?

I am in love with the Museum of Modern Art in New York City! The first time I went I got to see Rain Room a piece by Hannes Koch and Florian Ortkrass. We didn't actually get to walk through, but we did get to walk by it as other people walked through the rain room. In fact, while we were there we saw a proposal which was absolutely lovely and super romantic!

Other artists we saw at the Museum of Modern Art included: Claes Oldenburg (guy that did the oversized food), Ansel Adams (black and white shots of national parks), Vincent Van Gogh (Starry Night, The Scream), Claude Monet (Water Lillies), Jackson Pollack (known for his expressionist art), and Andy Warhol (Cambell's soup cans).

Needless to say, I am enamored with modern art, so I was in heaven exploring the MoMA.

45. When you are at your destination, do you prefer to walk, take public transportation, or private transportation?

It highly depends on the destination. Usually, in cities (like NYC, San Francisco, Paris), I prefer walking. I feel like, only through walking, can you see different parts of the city that you might otherwise miss using any other type of transportation.

However, if the place I'm going to is really far away or if I'm on a time limit, that's when my preference for public or private transit heightens. I do not like to take stressful, fast walks through the city; that frustrates me. Also, if I have luggage, I'd rather just get to my destination than have to carry it long distances.

If you had the choice, what would be your preference: a beach or a museum? Are you a fan of the great outdoors? Or are you more of a city person? I'd love to hear in the comments below!


See other posts in this year's A-Z.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMN


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...