X: Big Sur, CA

McWay Falls: Big Sur, CA (April 2018)

Focusing has been difficult the past few months, so I'm taking an alternative approach to A-Z this year: looking back at past travel, editing or re-editing images from travels before, and responding to travel-related questions. Hope you are able to join me on this journey to my past!

For Day X, I had no idea what to do. I thought this image of McWay Falls in Big Sur, CA was beautiful and wanted to share. It is my one "eXtra" image for April A-Z. Hope you like it! :)

Other places I considered for this post: ?

Onward –

71. Which country makes the best coffee or tea?

I don't drink coffee, so I can only really comment on tea. In my humble opinion, I like French Breakfast Tea the best. So, essentially France. But if I needed to have a backup choice I would go with Egypt. I love the Lipton Yellow Label tea served with mint leaves. Yum! 😋

72. What has been the most useful item you've bought for travel?

This is a hard question!

My first thought was the Delsey over-the-shoulder bag we bought in France. I am weak, so carrying roller bags up and down stairs in Europe is a literal pain in the back. I love that the bag holds so much, fits in the overhead bin on airplanes, smooshes down to be taken as an extra bag for souvenirs, and can also just be thrown over my shoulder leaving my hands and back free for roller bags and backpacks.

Then my mind went to European electricity adaptors. I mean how else would we charge our phones?

I also love the small scale we have, our packing cubes, and the batteries we bought for charging our phones on the go.

There are so many useful things my husband and I have bought for travel that make the experience so much better!

73. What useful travel hacks have you picked up?

• Roll your clothes! This may be TMI, but I have even gone so far as to wrap my underwear in hairbands.  The tighter you can wrap your clothes the more you can fit in a single bag!
• Speaking of which, take carry-ons only! Do you really want to risk the airline losing your luggage?
• I thought packing cubes were stupid when I first heard about them, but they really help you stay organized!
• Print or have a copy of ALL travel documentation. If you have problems, you want to know where it is and have easy access to it.
• I like garment bags for road trips. If you don't wear something during travel, you can just take it home and hang it back in the closet. Super easy!

I guess I could keep going, but maybe that's why I have a travel blog?

Are you a fan of coffee … or do you prefer tea? Do you have something you always take with you when you travel?


See other posts in this year's A-Z.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMN OPQRSTUV


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...