C: Montréal, Canada

Mount Royal Park: Montréal, Canada (January 2017)

Focusing has been difficult the past few months, so I'm taking an alternative approach to A-Z this year: looking back at past travel, editing or re-editing images from travels before, and responding to travel-related questions. Hope you are able to join me on this journey to my past!

For Day C, I choose this shot of Mount Royal Park in Montréal, Canada. The view from there was outstanding! On a beautiful spring or summer day, you could take a picnic up there and really enjoy the view. We were visiting on a cold winter day; I had a hard time getting images before my hands turned into icicles. They did have hot chocolate and coffee available for purchase from a vending machine which helped get us through. Definitely plan for the weather if you ever visit!

Read more about my visit to Mount Royal Park and Montréal, Canada here.

Other places I considered for this post: California, Charleston (SC), Cinque Terre (Italy), Chattanooga (TN), Czech Republic, Catalina Island (CA), Carmel (CA), Clearwater Beach, (FL), Cairo (Egypt)

I've been to a lot of places that start with the letter C!

Here are today's questions –

7. What's your favorite place that you've traveled to so far?

This is like choosing a favorite child. How do you choose?!

Favorite beach? Hawai'i. Probably Banzai on O'ahu, but there were many amazing beaches in Hawai'i!

Favorite winter destination? Either Dresden or Québec. Loved watching a blizzard from a bar in Québec City, Canada with a cup of hot chocolate! Also, Québec is super walkable. The art in Dresden, Germany won me over. Who doesn't love cute architecture?

8. What place is currently at the top of your bucket list?

GREECE! I want to see all of the blue and the tile and the water! I don't foresee the food being a disappointment either.

Also making the list: Spain, Morroco, Mexico, Japan, Italy (again), Canada (again), Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, the Caribbean Islands, Oregon (state), and a road trip across the US.

But if I had a free ticket to almost anywhere, I'd probably go.

9. What's the best travel advice you've ever received?

Get to the airport 3 hours before your flight when flying out of the country, 2 hours before for flying within the country.

This really threw me for a loop when we attempted to arrive early at Lana'i City airport in Hawai'i. No one was there! And they didn't take us through security until only a few minutes before the flight was set to take off!

Alternatively, we were told we would only need an hour at Sharm El Sheikh airport; when we got there, we saw the line and freaked! Turns out they call you by flight but for foreigners in a weird country, the line was quite alarming!

Other life-changing travel advice?

- The Chase Sapphire Reserve gets you free lounge access. It can save a bunch on food costs! It also pays for GOES membership once every 4 years making getting through security that much faster. And when Ultimate Reward points add up, it's a great card for getting free nights at a hotel!

- Pack LIGHT! What would you wear at home? Take that. Nothing more. You can buy almost anything you need where you are going. Also, layers. Take things that go well together. Do you need a different pair of jeans for every day of the week? Probably not. But maybe do take extra underwear and socks. Of anything that gets dirty, these are the things I'd be less likely to re-wear. Or go without. Who am I to judge?

Is there a city that starts with the letter C near you? Am I just awkward in the number of 'c' destinations I've been to?




See other posts in this year's A-Z.

AB



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...