T: Chattanooga, TN

Tennesee Aquarium: Chattanooga, TN (fall 2013)

Focusing has been difficult the past few months, so I'm taking an alternative approach to A-Z this year: looking back at past travel, editing or re-editing images from travels before, and responding to travel-related questions. Hope you are able to join me on this journey to my past!

For Day T, I wanted to go with a place I hadn't shared yet. Tennessee seemed like a good fit! This is a really old image that I spent a bit of time doctoring up…

Other places I considered for this post: Treasure Island Park (CA)

Onward –

58. What electronics do you take with you when you travel?

• Camera, 3 lenses (main, telephoto, wide angle), extra camera batteries, battery charger
• GoPro, extra batteries, battery charger
• Google Nexus 5 (for 360º images) + charger
• back up batteries, chargers for those batteries
• cell phones + chargers
• electricity converter/adaptor for travel in Europe/Africa
• hair flat iron
• luggage scale

59. What has been the most unique accommodation you've stayed in?

• In France, we once stayed at an Airbnb over a funeral home! 😳
• I loved staying at the "pink palace" in Honolulu, Hawai'i. How fun!
The Hyatt Regency in Lahaina, HI (Maui) had animals all over the property. I loved exploring! It was like visiting an attraction without ever leaving the hotel!

60. How do you document your trips?

Through my blog!

But honestly, it is way more complicated than that. I'm really into analyzing my trips – what went right, what went wrong, what can I do better next time? I use Google Maps to create a plan, Google Docs to document my expenses, Swarm (app) to help me remember where I've been, Notes (on the iphone) to take notes about what I'm doing and what my experience is/has been as I've traveled, etc, etc… And, of course, I take pictures. Lots and lots of pictures.

When I eventually come back to blog about my travels, all of the notes and documentation I've made makes it easier for me to remember the trip better and blog about it more accurately.

Do you document your travels/life in any way? What electronics can you not live without?


See other posts in this year's A-Z.



ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRS


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...