Legoland Atlanta

Because I am really lame and broke, Justin and I spent our one year anniversary at Legoland with the kids I watch. It was actually really nice since we got a free visit to a place we can't go without kids as well as a free lunch out of the deal. :) I know it's not everyone's idea of fun, but I had a blast running around with my cell phone taking pictures of "mini" Atlanta built out of legos.

When you walk into Legoland, you walk into a room where they show how they build legos. (It's not that exciting and most kids are content just to skip right over it.) 

Immediately following, there is a ride where you kill lego enemies and rescue the princess. This isn't really appropriate for young children, but the older children had a blast. (I guess I should have taken pictures of these areas.)

Next we came upon my favorite section of Legoland -- mini Atlanta. YAY! Check out my instagram shots below. It's unbelievable how intricate these structures are! I could spend hours in there photographing!

the "pencil building" (I don't know the actual name.)

Atlanta Botanical Gardens

Centennial Olympic Park

The last area before you get to the "gift shop" is an area with lots of legos (big legos & small legos), a car building and ramp racing station, a station for girls to sing (why??), a café, a 3D theatre, another ride, and a lego "ball pit"/fire station. At first we couldn't get the youngest child to do much with his brother and sister there, but by the end we had a hard time leaving! He had so much fun! (I think the older children were sick of it after 3 hours.)

A caution to parents: The gift shop area is EXPENSIVE! Obviously, this shouldn't surprise many of you, because legos (in general) are expensive. But of course, they have you exit through the gift shop so you are encouraged to buy everything from lego sets to keychains and lego people. (A set of 3 lego people for $12?!)

If you have children (and live in the Atl. area), I definitely recommend going. During the week and in the evening there is a discount for getting in which I encourage you to use. If you are an adult, I recommend finding a child to go, if you have that desire. They have lego nights for adults, but it is nearly double the price of a regular adult price. There isn't really much to do there for adults other than admiring the awesome sculpture, but the sculpture is awesome! :)

So yeah... this was definitely an unforgettable anniversary. :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...