Wedding Book + Other Shenanigans

image by Darwin Young, edited by me

Over the weekend, Justin and I stayed so busy. We were out thrifting, getting our hair cut, spending time with family, carpet looking, and curtain fabric buying. (Right now, you don't want to see our living room. It's a disaster with curtain fabric and sewing supplies everywhere!)

Excitingly, Justin found a bicycle that fit his criteria at a thrift shop. We also managed to get a nice white bedspread for our spare bedroom. (I would have a picture, but I took it immediately to the dry cleaners to make sure we weren't bringing any bugs or things into the house that we didn't necessarily want.)

Justin also agreed to get me a bike from Target.

Schwinn Women's Gateway Bike

Isn't it so lovely? We haven't bought it yet, because when we went to Target (after calling ahead and putting the bike on hold), the bike was disassembled and the manager said she couldn't sell it, tell us when the bike guy would be in to assemble it, or find a bike elsewhere for us. It makes me strongly consider never going to Target again. Unfortunately, I don't know anywhere else to find a pretty turquoise bike. (I could paint a bike turquoise, but Justin is opposed to diy paint projects. *shrugs*)

So, anyway, between bike buying and preparing our spare bedroom for guests, I will go ahead and admit to being over budget. I'd ask for advice regarding budgeting since we keep going over (third month in a row), but I know exactly why we are over budget. (We don't have an "everything else" budget to cover things like house furnishings, eye glasses, and bikes... How often do you purchase those things anyway?)

Meanwhile, my supervisor suggested that my wedding pictures should be used in an album. After all of my photoshop classes and time spent on creativelive, I've been editing like mad trying to get my photos up to par with my expectations. I have had the hardest time with handling color in the past, so I was pretty psyched when I found a way to correct color pretty successfully without ps filters and actions. Now, if only I can keep getting it...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...