Cookbooks, Easter, and Fridays . . . Oh my!

This morning I woke up and decided to make a Pinterest cookbook. Why? Because. (Doesn't that provide you with lots of incite into my personal life?)

I have sooooo many things bookmarked on Pinterest that never get made, because Justin is the cook/chef/baker in this household. (I pretend to know what I'm doing, but I just don't.) The likelihood of me pulling up a recipe on my laptop for Justin to use while in the kitchen is just not that likely. (Plus, wouldn't it be fun if a lot of the recipes worked out and we could print some fun pinterest cookbooks for the family for Christmas?)

I'm trying out Blurb, in case you are wondering. Blurb allows you to be able to put together a book online, through a program you download, or, if you are super awesome, in InDesign. While I do consider myself super awesome and thought for about 10 seconds about using InDesign, I ultimately decided I wanted this cookbook to be quick and easy. I'm currently using the "cookbook" templates found in Blurb's downloadable program.



Aren't the page styles simply gorgeous?

Plus, they are sooo easy to make! I believe you can even make a book for your ipad, if you own one.

Anyway, Justin and I are in charge of bringing dessert to Easter lunch/dinner on Sunday, and we still don't know what we are bringing. Justin has mentioned making tiffany blue meringues in honor of me. (Awww!!) Other things we have talked about include a French dessert I had a German friend help me decipher and (assuming we have no time) a chocolate mousse cake from Costco. We also have to bring (homemade) French bread, field greens and spinach leaves for salad, and a homemade vinaigrette. (We have a hard time buying food from the store since Justin's homemade food is so much better!)

Perhaps over the weekend I will get Justin to write out his French bread recipe and photograph it. Justin has been working on it and modifying it from Julia Child's original recipe. Every time he makes it, it gets even more delicious!

Do you have any exciting plans for the Easter holiday? I'd love to hear them! :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...