Week Recap

What a crazy week it has been!

First of all, I just have to share that one of my favorite brands is on Ruelala this week! Definitely make sure to check out all of the cute Betsey Johnson clothing, jewelry, and shoes!


I am especially in love with this super-cute Betsey Johnson Babydoll Black Coat.

So anyway, Justin and I began the week by hosting a delicious dinner for our friends, followed by a trip to Menchies for 6 oz. of free frozen yogurt on National Frozen Yogurt Day (Feb. 6), and finally a trip to see Justin's parents tonight. It doesn't sound like a crazy week, but we've been trying to get on top of everything.

For one, I mentioned our house is fairly clean right now. With the visit on Tuesday, we managed to move more things to the spare bedroom (UGH!) making our downstairs cleaner and more organized, but it will also give us more to clean and go through before we have guests in the spring.

I've been working on ideas for Valentine's cards. I am the slowest person... I haven't come up with anything other than envelopes. :( So if you are one of the VERY few people I will be mailing, don't expect to get your card on time. lol. I'll be taking pictures when I'm done, so you can see what I did. Now come on ideas...

Some really cool things I found when looking for Valentine's Day card ideas:

Sweetheart Cherry Pies
Candy Heart Garland
Chocolate Hugs and Kisses Tic Tac Toe Board

Of course all are cute, but nothing I have found is suitable. Perhaps I should have started my search in December...

Justin and I have also been getting on track regarding our budgeting tactics. Currently I am excited to report that we are nearly on track except in the area of food! (Big surprise!) Anyway, Justin worked out our bill payments to determine exactly how much we owe and take all that we were planning to save out of the equation meaning Justin has no surplus in his account to spend. (And he knows it!) Hopefully, this knowledge will keep us on track for budgeting!

My car is going to the car doctor presumably on Saturday, so that will be exciting. (Or not.) My dad (a mechanic) seems to think there is something wrong with a switch in the transmission and that it should be an easy (albeit long) fix. Unfortunately, if my transmission is screwed up, Justin and I will be going through our emergency savings quicker than intended (which makes me sick). I'm glad we have the savings for emergencies, but I really want to have more than needed. I'll keep you all updated on that.

Plus, next week (starting early Saturday morning), Justin and I will have our own 3-year-old for the week. Luckily, he comes potty-trained and all of his expenses are paid for including a little bit of extra money for me. He also comes with a house, a credit card with no fees, a cat, some fish, and a car. The best part? In a week, I get to give him back! (Unfortunately, everything else has to go back too.) Don't you wish all 3-year-olds came that way? ;)

So where does that leave us?

Crazy. That's where.

Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday and a superb weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...