A Trip to Free People

As you know, I absolutely LOVE Anthropologie, so why wouldn't I also like Free People? I adore the slightly bohemian chic look, but I rarely buy clothing from this store unless I am absolutely in love with it. The clothing at Free People is often more casual and thus easier to wear on a day-to-day basis. Justin and I stopped by the clothing boutique yesterday while they were having 20% off of sale items.

Of course, I so rarely visit Free People stores that I had to try on a few things that weren't on sale.


The first thing that caught my eye was this gorgeous jacket with the pretty ruffle detailing in the back. I thought it would look cute with a pair of jeans. Unfortunately, as cute as it was I decided the Ruffle Twill Back Jacket was not necessarily for me. (However, if I bought the dress too, I might reconsider!) The sleeves were a bit too long, and I just wasn't sure I would have much to wear with this jacket. (Plus, I couldn't afford the $128 pricing! Maybe if it goes on sale...)


Next up, I tried on the Capital Peplum Jacket. This jacket is SOOOOO cute! I tried it on black, and I was easily able to see how it could look awesome with a cute skirt or a pair of jeans. I won't even tell you how many jackets similar to this I have tried on in the past that just aren't nearly as cute as this one. Honestly, as soft, comfortable, and versatile as this jacket is, I definitely think the pricing is about right for this one.


Finally, I tried on the Lace Dream Dress in deep red. I got the small, but I think the extra small really would have fit better. It turns out this dress was on sale in the store, so I got 20% off the sale price. I'm still trying to decide if I will keep it. The lace detailing is gorgeous. The drop waist isn't amazing on me; however, it looks great with a belt, a long necklace, and a cardigan over it. (I rarely wear dresses without cardigans, so forgive me for that.) Don't get me wrong -- the dress is gorgeous. I just am focused on getting what I know I will wear over and over again, reducing the amount I spend on clothes, and making sure the money I spent on clothes is actually spent on clothes I absolutely love. This dress is gorgeous, but, in retrospect, I may not love it enough to keep. Definitely try it on stores though; it looks different on than it does on the model!

How was your weekend? Did you do anything exciting?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...