Random Wednesday

I still don't have my computer back. I did in fact lose everything on my hard drive from August forward which was irritating/frustrating/disappointing, but I am excited to tell you all that my computer, with a newly installed hard drive and battery is now waiting for me at the computer store! Yay!! (It is very difficult to try to blog when on my husband's work computer.)

Anyway, I couldn't really decide what to blog about today, so I thought I would share a few different things.

Tokyo Fashion: Bow-Accent Double-Buttoned Coatdress

First of all, I was very disappointed when my order from BuyTrends ended up not going through. I decided to do a bit more research on the site when I found some of their security links at the bottom of the page didn't work. (??) I'm still not sure about the quality of the site, but I would still love to own some cute Korean/Japanese/Chinese style clothing. This led me to checking out YesStyle and JShoppers. I will probably be purchasing items from one or both of these stores in the near future. I will let you know if I do and how it turns out.

Speaking of money, I wanted to go ahead and update you all on Justin's and my budget. According to Mint, we're over budget; however, according to Justin's checking account, we are doing quite well this month! Yay!! He was able to put approximately 20% of his salary toward paying off debt while I put about 10% of his salary (lol. ALL of my salary) toward savings. On top of it all, we were able to cover our extremely high electricity bill since our heater went out this month. YAY! (We also were able to reduce our grocery bill by nearly 1/2.) So anyway, I am pretty excited about this months budgeting.

Finally, I just had to share this, because... I just did! When I was little, I had a dollhouse I inherited from my mom. I would go stay the night with my grandmother, and I would love to convince her to go to the dollhouse store with me. I loved touching all of the little things. She spent sooooo much money on that dollhouse for me. (Little things may be little, but they aren't cheap!) There is a story that she now tells anyone that will listen that she once told me. Apparently, she took me dollhouse shopping one time when I was about five. When we got back, she took all of the tags off the little objects and informed me that I wasn't suppose to tell my grandfather how much money we had spent at the dollhouse store. What did I do? I came in and TOLD HIM that I wasn't suppose to tell him how much we had spent. lol. I am bad at keeping secrets! :)

Anyway, all of this was just to say that I loved seeing this cute little re-do of a dollhouse that was recently posted on Apartment Therapy.



These pictures really make me want to redo the dollhouse I worked on with my grandmother.

As an aside, Apartment Therapy is a really awesome blog to follow for ideas on how to redecorate, restore, or modify a room, space, or object in your house. They are always sharing crazy ideas and renovations. Some ideas are simply beautiful while others are creative. More often than not, you can find cheap fixes for anything you intend on updating in your own home.

I hope you all are having a fantastic Wednesday! Hopefully my blog posts will become more normal with my personal computer back tomorrow...


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...