IWSG #7


At the beginning of every month, as part of the Insecure Writer's Support Group, I take a look at my successes (not just in writing), share the ways I hope to improve in the next month, answer the IWSG question of the month, and provide inspiration (if I have any).

July Goals
Read a book.
Get caught up on blog comments.
Decide/plan trip for the solar eclipse in August.
Write email regarding my car.
Get car fixed?
Continue asking around for possible employment opportunities.

Additional Successes –
✓ Twitter follower numbers went up!

✓ Job offered.
✓ Found pictures from Hawai'i that had been accidentally deleted.

August Goals –
Return dress to Von Maur.
• Pay for program so that I can recover Hawai'i pictures.
• RELAX. (Don't stress.)
• Finish planning for Labor Day trip.

IWSG Question: What are your pet peeves when reading/writing/editing?

I hate when someone is looking over me when I'm writing. Like, look elsewhere, please.

Then there's that moment when you are struggling for a word. And even Google can't help you figure out what it is. *sigh*

As for reading? I remember Twilight driving me crazy because the writing was so incredibly simple. "He thought this. She said that." Bland, bland, bland, bland, bland. I'm not saying I can do much better, but I am saying that if you are a paid author and getting published, I expect more. 

Of course, I also can't enjoy a book after watching the movie first. Or, at least, very rarely can I. The only exception I can think of is Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen which was full of surprises, despite my having seen the movie. 

Your Turn

What are your thoughts? Can you read a book after seeing a movie? Can you write when someone is looking over your shoulder?

Are you happy to see the end of summer? School is already back in session for many of the kids in my state, as of yesterday(!), and I can hardly believe it! Where did the past two months go?


Click here to learn more and
link up with IWSG!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...