August Break – Metal


One thing to note: if you take the Key West Hop On Hop Off trolley tour, it stops at several hotels on the route, such as the Crowne Plaza La Concha, Casa Marina Resort, and the Best Western Key Ambassador Hotel. For those looking to save money on parking and planning to get around using the Hop On Hop Off trolley, these are some of the best places to stay in Key West.

During both Hop On Hop Off tours that my husband and I did, our drivers always made a point to show trolley tourists any iguanas found behind the Best Western Key Ambassador Hotel. Being from the south, my husband and I may have rolled our eyes a little bit since we have seen plenty in our lifetimes, but others on the tour (especially the kids) were thrilled to spot the new and unexpected amphibian!

Anyway, while everyone else was checking out the "lizard", I was off staring into space … Turns out that with an airport on the small island of Key West, you can see airplanes coming and going pretty regularly, and they get pretty close to you. The one pictured above was coming in for a landing.

Just to make your life easier, I decided to google and see exactly how far Best Western Key Ambassador is from the airport. Tripadvisor reviewers seem to suggest it is no more than four minutes away and they recommend packing ear plugs if you decide to stay at this hotel. No one wants to be woken up (or kept up) by airplane noise! Good things to know, right?

Have you ever stayed at a hotel located near the airport? If you did, did the sound of planes taking off and coming keep you awake?

* I'm participating in Susannah Conway's August Break – a picture every day in August. Join me and link up!
** I received two free tickets for a ride on the Key West Trolley tour, but all opinions shared on my blog are my own.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...