Monthly Financial Update: June 2020


When reviewing my finances for 2018, I mentioned my desire to look at them on a monthly basis in 2019. Justin and I spent a little too much in 2018 and let our finances get the best of us. Maybe by looking at our finances monthly (and let you guys/gals keep me in check), we will do better this year.

That's the goal anyway.

Here's month #6 for 2020:

Spending:

Compared to Last Year –

green: this year, yellow: last year
green this year, yellow last year

Compared to Last Month –

compared to last year (green this month, yellow last month)

Where We Spent Our Money:

Top 10 Merchants:

1. Costco (printing pictures, hard drives)
2. Amazon

3. Liquor Store
4. Electricity
5. Publix
6. Free People
7. Bug Spray
8. QuikTrip
9. Katz's Deli (father's day gift)
10. L'Epicerie (French flour)

Top 10 Categories:
1. Food & Dining
2. Shopping (back up hard drives x4, printing photos, clothes, bug spray)
3. Bills & Utilities

4. Auto & Transport
5. Fees & Charges
6. Gifts & Donations (Father's Day)
7. Life Insurance
8. Hair Cut
Budgeting:

Gas & Fuel over
✗ Groceries – over
✗ Restaurants over
Hair Appointments – under
✗ Everything Else – over

Net Income:



Debt:
Student loans

I had some issues changing a loan's information, so it looks like we owe more than we did at any other point this year, but we don't.

Credit Cards

How Did I Do On My Financial Goals for June?

Finish putting clothing for sale on Poshmark
✗. Look for a morning job.
Not letting fruits and veggies go bad.
✗ Measuring travel art for frames.
Get items returned
Numbers:
* Loan Payoff Date 5/1/23 (pushed back by a month)
* Credit Card Payoff date 8/1/2021 (pushed forward by a few months)
* Emergency Funds: $11,425
• 401K $52, 018.28
• Credit Scores: 772 (Justin), 810, 813 (me)

Overview of the Biggest Impacts This Month:
1. Replacing hard drives.
2. Applying for new credit cards to move money.
3. Spraying for bugs.
4. Husband went back to work.
5. Husband got his hair cut.

What went wrong this month?
1. Hard drives breaking.
2. Still no work (as in job) for me.
3. Father's Day gift when the father wasn't home.
4. Having to buy bug spray.
5. Being so late putting this blog post together.

What went right this month?
1. Justin's credit score went up!
2. We were able to make some returns we couldn't make when covid started.
3. Sold items on both eBay and Poshmark.
4. Applying for credit cards to move money.
5. Husband asking if he can exchange vacation time for stock options.

Financial plans/goals for May
1. Get patterns listed on Poshmark.
2. Go through more magazines (goal of 10?)
3. Compare car insurance quotes.
4. Roll quarters and take them to the bank.
5. Make Macy's returns.

I'm so late posting this financial update. It was hard remembering the positives and negatives from the month. My mind is already in July and moving on into August, when I'm fairly certain I will lose my job. July is looking to be a busy and expensive month, but I'm to find ways to make more money as I also spend more than necessary. Oh Covid! You hurt so bad.

How is your year going? Does covid have you stressed out? Do you have unexpected expenses coming up?

Financial Resolution Goals 2020


Financial Resolution Goals 2019



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...