Train - Bulletproof Picasso Review


The first time I went to New York City was with my orchestra class. I can't remember what we did or saw, but I definitely remember the people I was with and just being absolutely fascinated and enthralled by the city. There was so much activity everywhere and so many people to people-watch! It was just astounding, and I quickly fell in love. I decided at that point, that one day I would return, get up early, find a coffee shop on a street corner, have breakfast and just people-watch for hours and hours on end. That hasn't happened yet, but perhaps one day it will. ;)

When we got back, one of my friends put together a slideshow of images from New York City and he used Train's "Drops of Jupiter" as the background song. We all crowded into my instructor's office to watch it on the tiny computer screen; that was enough to sear the combination of the trip and song into my brain. I cannot hear the song without smiling and thinking of all of the fun I had so many years ago.


When One2One asked me to review Train's newest cd, I was excited to be given the opportunity. I'm not sure the band has done anything that has truly impressed me in years, but I'm always willing to give them another chance. After all, Train has sold more than ten million albums worldwide, thirty million tracks worldwide, with numerous platinum/gold citations on their mantle, 3 Grammy Awards, 2 Billboard Music Awards and dozens of other honors and nominations. Doesn't that say something about the band? :)

I began by listening to the album’s first single, “Angel In Blue Jeans,” which has soared to the Top 15 of Triple A and Adult Top 40 radio in only a month. Unfortunately, upon first listening, I wasn't too impressed. I'm not sure if it was the song or just the overly dramatic video that got under my skin. Either way, it was really fun to see Hannah Simone from the hit TV show ‘New Girl’ in the video! I'm not sure they could have found a prettier "angel in blue jeans"!


I also wasn't impressed with "Cadillac, Cadillac" either. Both this song and "Angel in Blue Jeans" gave me the feeling that the band was desperate and needed money. Neither of which entice me to buy an album. I don't buy albums because they have top hits; I buy albums because the music is awesome.


Luckily, upon listening to the album I found a number of other songs, not chosen as singles, that I liked. The band definitely has a gift for delivering memorable songs that capture the listener’s imagination, and this album is no exception. I'd love to list a song or two from the album that really captured my attention and love, but there isn't just one song that stands out. The album, as a whole, is one of the best I have ever had the opportunity to review, and I have reviewed a lot of albums! If you like Train, you will like "Bulletproof Picasso". And in case you are still hesitant, be sure to check out their live 1 hour performance on QVC at 5PM ET today (Sep. 5). You know you want to… :)

Here are the links for pre-ordering "Bulletproof Picasso" which will be released on September 16:


For more information about the band, to find out about upcoming tour dates, or anything else, be sure to check out and follow their webpage, youtube, twitter and/or facebook pages.

What do you think about Train's new album? Are you excited about their new release? Share with me in the comments!

* I participated in the Train Bulletproof Picasso album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided a free album to review but all opinions are my own.


6 comments:

  1. Very interesting...I had no clue that this group won 3 Grammy Awards and 2 Billboard Music Awards. I'm not familiar with them at all, but if they had a mainstream, commercial song play on the radio - I'm sure I've heard something by them before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised you haven't heard of them before! "Drops of Jupiter" is pretty old, but certainly you've heard of "Meet Virginia", "Drive By", "Hey Soul Sister" or "Calling All Angels"?

      Delete
  2. Isn't it awesome how music can take us back to a specific time and place? This sounds like a great album -- thanks for putting it on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like good music, like what my husband listened to when he was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, it's been so long since I've listened to Train. I'm loving "Cadillac, Cadillac" though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Train is really awesome! I'm sure you will love this cd! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...