Inspiration & Friday Thoughts

1. Ira Glass on Creativity


One of the blogs I follow posted this video, and now here I am posting it again. The truth is, I have a love/hate relationship with photography. When I capture a stunning image that even impresses me, I love it. When I am fighting it, trying to get color right, trying to figure out composition, trying to find emotion in a piece, I get frustrated. (Not unlike writing half a million blog posts every day and still feeling like your words aren't captivating enough.) Anyway, it was nice hearing Ira Glass say that perhaps the reason my work disappoints me is so that I can keep improving and getting better. Giving up is never the answer.

2. Insta-Snippets




Sunsets are beautiful and strawberry balsamic vinaigrette is delicious.

3. This Weekend

I get to:
- Map out Paris and decide on a hotel/AirBnb rental.
- Finish/re-do my résumé and apply for a job.
- Pack up my life.

What are you doing this weekend? Have you seen or done anything particularly inspirational recently?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...