Five Perfectly Minty St. Patrick's Day Desserts + 1 Caramel

It's that time of year again … when everything is coming up green and girl scouty. Yes, I am talking about girl scout cookies and St. Patrick's Day in the same post. They really just go together. Oh - and that's probably why I got married in March too! I was definitely timing it with the seasonal emergence of girl scout cookies! (Did you hear that Justin?!)

On to the recipes!


1. Mint Chocolate Chip Cake

Dear Martha Stewart, why must every food you make look so gosh-darn decadent?

Seriously, this cake looks amazing! The little bit of green food coloring … the cookies?! … the chocolate layers?! Yum! If I didn't know any better, I'd almost call Martha Stewart this decade's Julia Child. Almost.


2. Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

If Christmas and childhood aren't complete without chocolate chip cookies, then clearly St. Patrick's Day is not complete without mint chocolate chip cookies! Can't you just taste it now? Minty goodness, chocolatey goodness, and cookie goodness all in one bite?! Just don't invite the cookie monster over for tea or you may find yourself cookie-less.


3. Thin Mint Truffles

If I had a box of thin mint Girl Scout cookies, they'd be gone (which is probably why I don't have any!). If I managed to make these truffles before my box of thin mints disappeared, I'd probably be in heaven. (Which is probably why I'm not.) Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum. (Can I say yum too many times?) Yum. :) (For good measure.)


4. Mint Chocolate Meringues

I love meringues, so when we talk about adding mint + chocolate to meringues, it sounds crazy good. Can you picture the light meringue flavor + a bit of mint and chocolate just melting in your mouth? Perhaps I should skip making these; I may never go back to regular meringues again!


5. Oreo Mint Brownies

In case, you haven't had your fill of mint chocolate sweets yet, these mint chocolate brownies might be perfect for an after St. Patrick's Day dinner dessert. Or, I imagine, you could always add some mint chocolate chip ice cream to some regular brownies if you wanted to take an easier way out. Either way, mint + brownies sounds delicious!


6. Samoas

Because it is the month of Girl Scout cookies, I had to include some homemade samoas. These cookies are heavenly when you purchase them from Girl Scouts, but how much better are they when you make them at home? And even better – when you have the opportunity to make AND eat them 24 hours a day for 365 days of the year? Yeah, sorry Girl Scouts, there is no topping that. Even if your cookies were available 365 days of the year, because homemade cookies are ALWAYS better than store bought.

What desserts do you think are perfect for celebrating March and St. Patrick's Day? Will you be filling your days with minty goodness and girl scout cookies? Or do you prefer desserts without the holiday hype and festiveness?

4 comments:

  1. oh my thank you for the ideas. I love thin mints and st pattys day so this was a perfect post for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great bunch of deserts for the upcoming St. Patty's Day. They all look so delicious. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great! especially the mint chocolate chip cake! Unfortunately I can't eat chocolate so I will have to settle with a shamrock shake. Oh well. ;)

    natashangt (at) live (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That mint chocolate chip cake looks delicious! Though I try to avoid them, Shamrock shakes are a yummy St. Patrick's Day dessert. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...