3 Blogging Tips

One of my favorite things to do is to write. I love writing blog entries, essays, e-mails, … Writing allows me to free my mind, focus on a topic, and say what it is that I want to say. As an introvert, often times saying what I want to say can be really difficult. The words don't necessarily come to me, and if they do, they aren't always the correct words. When I write, I have the opportunity to edit what I'm saying until I can find the correct words to convey my feelings or thoughts on any particular subject.

Over the past year, I have found a few tricks to make blogging a bit easier. (It's also important to note, as I've said before, blogging is not the same as journaling.)

1. Find a community list of topics or create your own topics in advance.

I can't tell you how many times this has helped me in the past. There are days when a topic simply does not come to you, and that is when referring to a list of options makes writing a post sooooo much easier!

2. Write posts in advance.

So you are going out of town for two weeks? No problemo. Write your posts early; they will be easy to post on the road.

I'm not a "write posts early" kind of gal. That's why some days you see my posts early in the morning … and sometimes they don't go online until late in the afternoon. Most bloggers would say to remain consistent. I'm sorry! Love you all! :)

3. Do SOMETHING! :)

Sometimes it's easy to say "I have to stay inside to blog", but if you never get out of the house and do anything, you won't have anything to say! In my opinion, that is the difference between a blog and a journal. With a blog you can provide advice, share your experiences, and focus on ONE topic. A journal post would not be as concise, although I am certain I definitely slip and do a few of those every now and then.

3.5. Have FUN!

I always include this in my list of tips, but, if you aren't having fun, why are you doing it? If it's to develop artistry or communication skills, I think those are also good reasons. Really you just need to make sure you are interested enough in what you are doing to continue.

Did I miss anything important? (I know I missed at least one thing!) What keeps you returning to blogs you read? If you blog, what advice would you share with me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...