October Challenges & Why I Blog

Apparently I like blog challenges enough to keep it up! This month I will be following along with Secret Obsession doing:

Secret Obsession   

Unlike the last challenge, The October Daily provides a challenge for every day in October. While I love you all, I will be taking a break on the weekends. (How else do you come up with things to write about unless you actually get out and do something?!) I would, however, love for other bloggers to join in the challenge with me! If you leave a link in the comments section, I would love to come check out your The October Daily Challenge!

I will also simultaneously be following along with Dave Cross as he does 30 Days of Photoshop on Creative Live. I missed the first two days, so I'm not entirely sure what the plan is, but I'm hoping to gain new skills with daily watching (which will hopefully result in more pictures?!).

a floating "hotel" in Chattanooga, TN (yes. you read correctly!)

With all of that having been said, let's get started on the first challenge!
Share at least five reasons why you blog.
1. To communicate.

Whether I'm talking with immediate friends or online friends, I like to share about positive (and negative) experiences and services. I like to offer advice and get advice. It's also nice to know that you are aren't alone in the world. Blogging is a great way to meet people and learn from them.

2. To document.

I have a lot of goals I'm working on and blogging allows me to document my progress. I can look back a year ago and see how far I've come in budgeting, or photo editing… The best part is that my blog followers get to learn from my mistakes!

Plus, there is something about being consistent. You can't get anywhere in life unless you are consistent. Practice makes perfect, yes?

3. To learn.

There is something about putting your voice out there that encourages you to ask yourself: is this my best? Is this true, positive, encouraging, or helpful? Would I be interested in reading or looking at this?

I can't promise that I will always write something that is interesting or beneficial, but knowing that my words and pictures are out there is enough to make me second guess and look over my work again before posting.

4. Along with #3, to challenge myself.

Some days it is really hard to write. Even when you are completing blogging challenges ala Blogtember or The October Daily. It takes time to think of responses.


I also like to give you all a new image I took and edited myself for each of my blog posts. I don't like posting things I'm not proud of, so it takes me a good hour + to edit the image to happiness AND to come up with a (what I consider to be) a strong post. There are definitely some days when I don't think I will ever get everything done in time! 

5. Because you read.

If I didn't have readers, I don't think I would blog. Yes, sometimes I blog for my own benefit, but if I can't offer advice or communicate with someone in some way no matter how small, I really don't need to be putting my voice out on a public forum.


Now that you've heard all of the reasons why I blog, I would love to hear why you blog (or don't blog as the case may be)! Be sure to link up on The October Daily or comment below! :) And as always, have a fantastic Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. I love your reasons why you blog! They're almost the same with mine. :)

    Found you on The October Daily. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have you join the challenge! :) I agree how blogging makes you think and think hard. Love your list of reasons, too! Have a wonderful week ahead! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...