Goals

I feel like I share my goals frequently, but, as this is today's October Daily challenge, I find myself sharing yet again. Here are ten of my life goals in no particular order.

Currently:

1. Learning as much German as possible before traveling there this spring.

If all I can do is understand a bit of vocabulary here and there, I will be content. I don't think a language overhaul is possible at this point.

2. Along those same lines, learn a bit of Italian when I get bored practicing German.

Italian is my preferred language, but I have less experience with it (read: none) AND I'm not going to an Italian wedding anytime in the near future (that I know of).

3. Gain better control of finances.

Resulting in a strong budget,  an emergency fund with credit card debt paid off, and the money to purchase a house, a new car, and Justin a computer.

4. Travel.

With plans to go to Germany this spring, this goal is already underway. Nevertheless, it would be nice to learn how to travel without it costing too much. Thank goodness for the travel hacking class on CreativeLive yesterday!

5. Learn to ballroom dance (and be good at it!).

Currently using it as an excuse to "exercise". It counts, right? ;)

6. Get better at photography and photoshop.

Also being used as an excuse to exercise AND travel. Double-dipping on this one! :)

7. Become a better writer.

That's what this blog is for, right?

Other Things (I'm not currently working on):

8. Learn to play the piano.

I've had classes before, but I never get very far because I HATE practicing. Plus the whole 2 hands and then adding feet into the mix – say what?

9. Go snow skiing.

It looks like so much fun!

10. Learn to bowl.

It's Learn to Bowl month. Might as well join the crowd. Maybe someday I won't need the bumpers. ;)

What life goals do you have? Do you have any in common with me?


** This post was prompted by The Daily October.Challenge. 
Visit Secret Obsession's blog to find out more and join in! :)

10 comments:

  1. I need to learn how to better control my money, for sure. I love that you love to travel so much + want to do it more. That's really awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of people have that problem (controlling money). It's so easy to just spend without even thinking about it. :-/

      Delete
  2. I have always wanted to learn how to ballroom dance. This inspired me to at least look around at school/classes. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally do it! It's really a lot of fun! :)

      Delete
  3. I've always wanted to visit Germany and study the language!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why haven't you gone or made plans to?

      The language is really close to English and pretty easy to pick up on. Sometimes you can guess words! i.e. Auto (in German) = car (English). Have you tried downloading an app like DuoLingo or Mindsnacks? They are great ways to practice without investing a lot of time or money. :)

      Delete
  4. Germany is utterly beautiful!! Traveling is always a good thing. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always, always wanted to learn the piano, too! I also had lessons when I was like 12 but found it difficult so I gave up. But duh that's why I should learn ...to make it easier. Hahah. Silly me. But it's never too late to start again. And it's never too late to learn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3,4,6, and 7. Id love to do that too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...