A Month of Discoveries


In case you hadn't noticed, I have had a crazy month thus far. The first week of the month we were in Charleston taking advantage of sunrays and ocean waves as well as all the beautiful sights and foods of the city. The second week I was babysitting approximately 10 hours of my day while still preparing for vacation #2, going to a city wide meeting, and continuing dance lessons. Stressful? Yes. Last week we were out of town again visiting New York, New Jersey, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts. I got to meet some of my husband's extended family for the first time as well as experiencing some physical and mental draining that was last week. 

On the up side to this oddly drawn out month, I have learned a ton about myself, my husband, and my camera. I've had a lot of fun, and I think my photography is much better for the time spent shooting.

I think one of my favorite moments thus far has been shooting the sunset Friday night at the marina in Fall River, MA. Somebody saw me shooting the sunset with my nice camera and huge telephoto lens, and they offered to let me go back through the clubhouse onto the docks to get a better view of the sunset. Equipped with the password and directions, our group went through the gates to a dock with the most beautiful view. A party for club members was going on at a separate dock with a live band that was within listening distance. Honestly, I could have stayed in that spot forever. Gorgeous ocean night time view + live band + privacy = serenity. I think that may have been the first time Justin's family understood why I do what I do. Once you slow down and actually begin to experience a scene, it is soooo much better than rushing around trying to do everything. You begin to take in sights you couldn't "see" before. Everything becomes beautiful or interesting in it's own special way.

Anyway, now that I have returned I'm sure it's time to start editing some of the few thousand pictures taken within the past few weeks. Wish me luck. I have a feeling I will be in front of the computer a long time.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...