2015: Life Soundtrack

For the month of December, I have decided to spend Thursdays looking back on 2015. I'm beginning with a life soundtrack, but will eventually be sharing my favorite images I've taken this year, my favorite books I've read this year, and how I've done with my goals. Since, just before Thanksgiving I was sharing my favorite music decade by decade, I decided to end that series with this soundtrack, provided to me in survey form from A Vagabond's Sketchbook (which technically was stolen from someone else…). Anyway, enjoy!


opening credits: Star Wars theme. Gotta start off with a bang! (I have no idea.)
waking up/happy commuting scene: Juice Newton – "Angel of the Morning"
dancing around house in underwear scene: Daryll Hall & John Oates – "You Make My Dreams Come True"
first date scene: Meghan Trainor – "Dear Future Husband" (not romantic at all! Just honesty!)
driving at night with crush scene: Vanessa Williams – "Save the Best for Last"
post fight with friend scene: Amy Grant – "I Will Be Your Friend"


youthful flashback scene: David Bowie – "Changes"
running around falling in love scene (day): Leona Lewis – "Bleeding Love"
midnight rooftop dancing scene: Toploader – "Dancing In the Moonlight"
dream scene: Whitney Houston & Mariah Carey – "When You Believe" (anything is possible.)


playing at the park in day scene: Chicago – "Saturday In the Park"
quiet driving with friends at night scene: Ben E. King - "Stand By Me"
looking cool scene: Taio Cruz – "Dynamite"
falling in love scene (night): LeAnn Rimes –"Can't Fight the Moonlight"


hanging out with friends scene: The Black Keys – "Gold On the Ceiling"
hectic beat-the-clock scene: Queen & David Bowie – "Under Pressure" ;)
dance party scene: Walk the Moon – "Shut Up and Dance"
sexy/make out scene: Ed Sheeran – "Thinking Out Loud"
tripping on drugs scene: Beatles – "Octopus's Garden" :)
lying down after intense scene: Steven Curtis Chapman – "I Will Be Here"
driving alone at night scene: Tom Waits – "Drunk On the Moon"
love scene: Aerosmith – "I Don't Want to Miss A Thing"
early morning tranquil scene: Jack Johnson – "Banana Pancakes"
heartbreak scene: Goo Goo Dolls – "Iris"
walking alone reflecting scene: Steven Curtis Chapman – "Fingerprints of God"


summer day scene: Carly Rae Jepsen – "Call Me Maybe" (oh 2012!)
regretful flashback scene: The Shins – "Fall of 82" (I wasn't alive in '82, but still…)
driving with best friend scene: Three Dog Night – "Joy to the World"
funeral scene: Eric Clapton – "Tears In Heaven"
nostalgic scene: The Shins – "Simple Song"
crying/frustrated scene: The Verve – "Bittersweet Symphony"
mental breakdown scene: Evanescence – "Bring Me to Life"
bitter, angry scene: Gotye – "Somebody That I Used to Know"
declaring independence scene: Bon Jovi – "It's My Life"


far from home Scene: Pink Martini – "Sympathique" (because obviously I'd be in France!)
driving at sunrise scene: Beatles – "Here Comes the Sun" :)
space travel scene: David Bowie – "Starman"
closing credits: Beatles – "In My Life"

Are there any new to you songs on my list? Any of your favorites? Be sure to share a link to your blog in my comments if you decide to fill this survey out as well! Some of the questions were difficult to answer and I'd love to see what you came up with! :)

* I'm participating in Susannah Conway's December Reflections. Are you? Today's post was a response to #15 on the list "soundtrack of 2015". :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...