IWSG + WW

"Don't you just love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy
school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils
if I knew your name and address."
- Nora Ephron (said by Tom Hanks in You've Got Mail)

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––


At the beginning of every month, as part of the Insecure Writer's Support Group, I take a look at my successes, share the ways I hope to improve in the next month, and provide inspiration (if I have any).

This month, here's what's going on:
• Continued pre-planning and using a blog schedule. I already have 90% of this month's blog posts planned in advance! Go me! They just aren't written yet…
• Joining in on Susannah Conway's December Reflections albeit in my own weird way. I like to do her blog challenges haphazardly and as "breaks" in my typical schedule … only I'm not seeing much "break" in my blog post calendar. *shrugs*
• Finished my portion of the Europe planning. Y'know the part that involved just me and my husband. Friend planning still in progress and moving slowly, one e-mail at a time. See what I've planned here.
• Bought a Kindle so that the books I review for Net Galley will be mine to keep … forever! So, new goal: read more! Now I will be reviewing books for 2 companies. Ah! (But I love it, so no complaints.)
• Speaking of reading goals … only 830 more pages before I reach my goal of 10,000. Getting nervous; can I do it?

November Successes:
These pictures. <3.
• Being internet social. Joining in a new Blog Hop. Thanks Toi Thomas! It was so much fun! :)
• Spent a lot of money (too much, honestly), but also called to get lots of price adjustments! That was a feat in itself! Very time consuming!

December Goals:
• Use Susannah Conway's December Reflections ideas creatively. Don't stick to a perceived notion; think outside of the box. Have fun!
• Have all of my blog posts written and ready to be published for the weeks I am gone. Guys, heads up, I'm going to be out of town from December 25-January 11. Hopefully, you won't even notice. We'll see though. ;)
This: write simply and incorporate more vocabulary. Every month.
• Photograph beautifully. Get lost in the moment. I'm going to be in NYC and Paris for goodness sakes!

So what are your goals for December? Did you accomplish anything amazing (or, at the very least, that you are proud of) during November? 

P.S. I realize this post is suppose to be about my insecurities, but one of my main insecurities is being pessimistic; this is why I am focusing on the positive. Hopefully, IWSGer's, you incorporate a little bit of that into your post as well.  :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...