Johnsonville Grillers Review


One of my favorite things about being a blogger is getting to try new things! Not too long ago, Crowdtap sent me a coupon to try the new Johnsonville Grillers which we had for dinner a few nights ago. After this experience, I learned a few things about myself.

1. I LOVE free dinners. These babies cost around $7 normally, so even with the coupon that printed out when I was checking out at Kroger (for $1.50), I was surprised at how expensive they were!
2. Even though they were coming from a frozen state, these were pretty good.

Now, before you rush out and buy them, keep in mind that this is (1) sausage (+ bacon + cheddar)  and (2) not the amazing, organic, grass-fed beef that you could get from say– Farm Burger restaurant located in Decatur and Buckhead, Georgia or Asheville, NC. Basically, you get what you pay for–sort of. (i.e. You are paying a lot, but most of that money is being directed at convenience.)

Anyway, I wasn't blogging about these to compare them to those other delicious, delicious burgers, I just wanted to sing Johnsonville Grillers praises since, given what it was, I thought it was actually pretty tasty.

Justin, my in-house chef, broiled the burgers first, after removing them directly from the freezer, giving them a nice sear before baking them in the oven at 350º F until the inside temperature was 160º F. We then cut the patties up into threes and ate them on King's Hawaiian Rolls served with baked beans, homemade fries (see my review for Frites), and –the thing I currently love the most– Brazilian limeade. YUM! (I should probably do a post about how to make that one of these days, right?)

Point being – If you are short on time and need a quick burger fix, consider Johnsonville Grillers. The cheddar cheese and bacon is not overpowering, and you will emerge from the meal happy and content that it was so easy to fix and tasted pretty good!

Other options available include: 
Swiss Cheese and Mushroom • Original Bratwurst • Cheddar Cheese • Steakhouse Onion

Have you tried Johnsonville Grillers yet? Will you be trying them in the future?

* Thanks to Crowdtap for providing me with a coupon to try these for FREE in exchange for my opinion!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...