Mid-Year: A Look Back

Image Credit: Arcreyes

So far this year I have…
• written a blog post that has received more than 1,000 views!
• babysat a 4 year old for a week and learned quite a bit.
• attended the broadway production of the musical Once.
bought a truck! This was my first big purchase ever.
moved to a new home against my will.
travelled to Europe for the first time ever.
• took a trip to Panama City Beach, FL to see the ocean.
lost my job.
• began a new one.
visited Charleston to get away from it all.
• celebrated my birthday with macarons and French cooking!
• scheduled a flight to DC for October to visit some friends.
• and went with Justin to see John Hodgman for his birthday.

I am in a completely different place in life than I was when I wrote my 2014 new years goals and quite a few of them have changed as I have grown and changed. I am grateful for all of the wonderful experiences this year has brought so far, sad about the changes I didn't plan for, and excited for what is to come.

Given today's date, I also wanted to share this post from last year – a reminder of how America survived one of the most difficult and tragic days of my existence. On the one hand I feel that I should devote a full day's post to the tragedy, but on the other hand I feel that moving on, without forgetting, is also the correct thing to do. What do you think? Will you be doing anything special to commemorate today in honor of those who were lost 13 years ago?

** I'm taking part in 30 Days of Lists! Are you?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...