Buying A House…

image © twixx

Last Thursday Justin and I were notified that our landlord had sold our property. In effect, we found ourselves homeless … or at least we will be homeless come April 15. As thus, a desperate search for another rental ensued to very little avail. It turns out that Justin and I had a very good deal on our little piece of the world; most other properties provide less -of everything- for the same price. Ouch. That was a harsh reality to face. It was not the same reality we faced moving in to our current residence. In the two years we have lived here, I have been beyond spoiled by so many things the area we live in provides, most importantly and especially the 7 minute drive to work.

Unfortunately though, the time has come to move on. Justin and I, while still looking for a rental within our price range that fits our/my (high) expectations, will be moving to a very low cost residence for a few months, more than an hour away, as we fight tooth and nail to put together a down payment for a house and finish paying off credit cards.

The good news:

- We will have the credit cards paid off much more quickly.
- We are planning to buy a home by the end of the year.

The bad news:

- We have to move. :(
- The drive to and from work will be excruciating and more time constraining. Ugh.

I just keep thinking to myself: 9 months. That is it. (Or at least that is the current plan.)

I'm looking forward to finding a house, but I would much rather continue to stay where I am for a few more years. I don't handle change very well. :-/

2 comments:

  1. You can do this! It will be worth it in the end. Living below your means in order to save is a good thing. Best of luck!

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Be patient (I know, easier said than done) I've been where you are. It will be worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...