Shopping @ Anthropologie (Jan '14)

Over the weekend, Justin and I ventured into Anthropologie to make a return. That combined with the phrase "Something I'm Wearing" means that you all get a review post!! Woo!

I've been liking Free People a bit more than Anthro, because the clothes are more casual. I like being able to pair cute Free People tops with some nice, fitting jeans. But when you have a bit of extra money at Anthropologie, it's hard not to look.

Sequin Flurry Cardigan


Back during the after Christmas sale, I bought the black and pink version of this cardigan. They are both really sparkly, and the sequins are really easy to see (much easier than you can see on the models). I love that you can wear the cardigan both dressed up and dressed down, but do keep in mind that the cardigan definitely dresses up any dressing down you may think you are doing. I tried on and bought the xs in both which fit well; I recommend going with your actual size. One thing to note though: the fabric is a bit stiff and scratchy. This is one of the reasons I am considering returning it; I don't like having scratchy material at my neck. If you don't mind the material, this cardigan is perfect, as I said before, for dressing up even the most casual outfit for a fancy dinner or even wearing to the store.



The lace on this dress is exquisite. I imagine it's the perfect dress for tall, skinny girls; unfortunately, I am neither. The fabric is stretchy and soft. I tried the xs and it fits true to size. If this style dress is your thing and you have a modelesque stature, I completely recommend this dress. If you are more curvy, you may want to look for a different style dress.



After having bought a sheer pink dress during Anthropologie's after Christmas sale, I needed something to wear under it. This slip, in pink, seemed perfect. :) It's a tight fitting slip, but the fabric is also stretchy meaning you don't have to have the perfect body to fit into this slip. I bought the xs regular, but it also comes in petite, which I probably would have considered if it had been available in my size. The slip comes down to nearly my knees. It works quite well under the dress I bought (which I can't seem to find on Anthro's site). The fabric is cotton, but it feels almost silky, so any dress would work over it.


The following is the dress paired with the slip and a sweater (also from Anthro). Can anyone tell me the name of the dress or the sweater? I can't seem to find those items? (They are both in the sale section.)




This was another fun dress I got to try on during the after Christmas sale. I have to admit that I was on the verge of purchasing it, but Justin and I decided the dress only added weight to me through the waist and skirt of the dress. :( I tried on the size 2, and it fit tightly in the chest; you may need to size up. Also, the skirt is more of a pink color than white. You make think you are seeing wrong when you look at this image of the model, but you are in fact seeing the skirt in the exact color it is.

And here are just a few things at Anthro I've got my eye on…



Have you bought anything from Anthropologie recently? Or do you have your eye on something in particular?


** A 
January Break using prompts from The Idea Room's Photo-A-Day Challenge. Feel free to join in!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...