My Camera Bag

Now that my trip to Europe is quickly creeping up on me, I'm trying to make sure I am prepared for whatever is to come. I've been assembling my camera gear and watching CreativeLive to make sure I have the equipment and skills necessary to accomplish my goals of taking fantastic photos.

Here's what I have:

JoTotes Betsy bag in turquoise (to hold all of my gear)
Canon 60D (and Canon Digital Rebel XT)
Speedlite 580EX II
Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II Kit Lens
Canon 50mm f/1.8 II
Canon 70-200mm f/4 L Telephoto Zoom Lens
Neutral Density Graduated Filter for both the telephoto and 50mm lenses
2 tripods

and the most recent addition:

Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 L II Standard Zoom Lens


I wasn't incredibly impressed with my most recent addition, but (to its defense) I was looking for a wide angle lens. I was worried when it said "standard zoom", but I assumed anything bigger than a 50mm would work. Not so much. I failed to realize I already had something wider than a 50mm in my kit lens. Despite my disappointment, I decided to keep the lens. As Justin reminded me, I got the lens (brand new) for nearly $1000 off the asking price and it will be a good (standard) lens for that time in the far, far, far future when I can upgrade to a 5d Mk II or III.

Before I go to Europe, I'm planning on rounding out my camera collection with:

Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X116 Pro DX Digital Zoom Lens (for Canon)
Rogue Flash Gels Color Correction Filter Kit
Polarizer Filter
small, light tripod for travel use

I think after that I will be able to shoot in any given situation and achieve what I want. I will be able to shoot in fairly low light at a wide variety of distances. Best of all: I'll have my husband to help carry my equipment. I'm so glad I bought a turquoise camera bag; it will go so well with his eyes! ;)

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Also, if you have any suggestions for traveling with camera equipment or what you think I should buy next, let me know in the comments!!

Don't you just love Digital Rev reviews?! :)


** A January Break using prompts from The Idea Room's Photo-A-Day Challenge. Feel free to join in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...