BuyTrends?

A few days ago, I was going through google reader and checking out the blogs I follow when I stumbled across one bloggers recommendation of BuyTrends. I went to check it out and the next thing I knew Justin had confiscated my computer and was looking at the website for himself!

The truth of the matter was that BuyTrends has cute Korean style clothing at very good prices (assuming of course that the clothing is in good quality condition and made well). I fell in love with Korean style clothing when I came across Liz Lisa clothing, which is very expensive and hard to obtain in the US (even on ebay!).

Justin said I could order a few things using paypal from the BuyTrends website just to check them out and share with my readers what I thought about the experience. While the clothes I have ordered have not come in yet, let me share my experience so far.

First of all, if you are looking for cute clothes at good prices, BuyTrends seems to be a great place to shop! Here are a few things that caught my eye:

Ladylike Two Pieces Set Short Cardigan jacket Coat
with Sleeveless Chiffon Floral Dress Purple


Elegant Stylish Long Sleeve Chiffon Dress


Bohemian Chiffon Lace Flower Maxi Skirt with Belt


As you can see, the clothing looks nice and very feminine. If you check out the prices, you will quickly realize that the prices are very similar to other cheaper US stores like Forever 21 or Wet Seal. However, in my experience, the clothing quality is not amazing, and I often either wear out the items I buy from those stores faster than I would like... or the style of clothing comes out of fashion and I decide the clothing item looks awful on me within a year. I'm hoping this will not be the case with BuyTrends, however, past experience indicates that you get what you pay for. Low price often equates to low quality.

I'm also a little bit concerned with the "free size" that almost all of the clothes at BuyTrends comes in. I'm use to, at the minimum, small, medium, and large sizing. I'm afraid the clothing will be too stretchy or not stretchy enough. The Korean models, whether photoshopped or not, all look very small in stature, and, while I'm not a large person, I'm wondering exactly how "free" the sizing really is.

I also don't like that the colors for the items are not mentioned on the website. For example, the elegant, stylish, long chiffon dress comes in apricot and white. With the white balance for the image being slightly off (I'm assuming), the dress looks more pink than white, so I had no idea if the dress shown was the white version or maybe if, when the site says apricot, they mean a slight apricot hue. The only indication of color mentioned is that 'color may not be as it appears due to discrepancies on computer monitors'. Helpful, yes?

Finally, the last concern for me was the misspellings on the website and lack of blogger reviews. I understand if this is a new site (which I think it is),  they may have a few kinks to work out. This is why I was grateful for the opportunity to order using paypal. I like the guarantee that I can get my money back if the items do not arrive as mentioned or if customer service gives me a hard time.

The shipping was a bit expensive costing $13 for 3 items taking my total above what I originally wanted to spend. (Also, the coupon they offer for you to sign up only works if you spend $99 or more which is not exactly what a new customer wants to do!)

At the moment, I can only recommend checking out BuyTrends if you like cute, Korean-style, feminine-looking clothing. I will definitely come back and let you know how the actual purchasing experience went and tell you more about the quality of clothing once I receive my items in the mail. :)

See Follow-Up here. This is where I finally received one of the items I bought.


31 comments:

  1. I came across the same website via Pintrest and had the same concerns! Please keep us posted on the quality and sizing of the garments when your items arrive. I won't place my order until then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know too, how the clothes are. I saw the free size too and was alittle concerned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one piece I received in the mail was tight and I generally wear an XS/S/0/2. But given their customer service, I would recommend shopping elsewhere where you are guaranteed to get better-made clothing that you can return if it doesn't fit.

      Delete
  3. did the clothes come yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you look on the Delivery FAQ page it says delivery will be anywhere from 15-30 days. Apparently there is a Spring Festival going on in China right now.

      http://www.buytrends.com/delivery-time-i-22.html

      Delete
  4. I recently purchased from them...Feb. 1st, it is now Feb. 28th and my stuff still has not yet arrived. However my Credit card was charged two weeks ago...getting a tab worried. :0(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you purchased using Paypal, you can always make a dispute within 45 days. I never received my items either. They claim it was due to the Chinese New Year, but there isn't any way to tell. I hope you receive your purchase soon!

      Delete
    2. Have your items come in yet? Hopefully they have!

      Delete
    3. I have, but it took 90+ days and the merchandise wasn't that great.

      Delete
  5. My order came 80 days after I ordered them,although the necklace is pretty it is not the colour i wanted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you finally received your order, but I am sorry it wasn't what you expected. I also finally received my order approximately 90 days after ordering and was also disappointed. Would you order their jewelry again considering it wasn't the color you wanted?

      Delete
  6. Its a really good fashion site there

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi i also ordered and paid last august 7 and until now they don't change my buytrends account order status. If i had read it before the payment i should've not ordered then. Anyways if they deliver it whenever they want, it's better than not getting anything after paying. I hope they will becoz I have ordered worth $136 and I hope it's a legit website though. Praying for the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did send my order and others that I have heard from, but it did take 90+ days. Maybe yours will come in sooner. Wishing you the best!

      Delete
  8. Do you anyone else who has given a review about this website?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ordered with a CC 10/7, got a email stating due to some holiday from the 1-7 they have slower turn around time then normal, I have sent emails, asking for tracking and when I can expect my products and have not gotten a repaly! SCAM....Calling my CC compnay and disputing the charges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's crazy!! They definitely have a slow turn around time, but it is completely unacceptable that they would not even respond to your e-mails asking for tracking information! (Of course, I had the same problem.) Hope things go well with your credit card company OR you receive your order soon. :-/

      Delete
  10. Buytrends, tidestore and one other online store which I can't remember the name... Are one and the same...I think they are scams...bad sewing, horrible sizes, sometimes what you order isn't what you get, that's if you receive your order at all. They are all the same online store with different names, that right there spells scam

    ReplyDelete
  11. I ordered a coat from them 10/6/13, my cc was charged, it's now 11/09/13 and still didn't received anything. They didn't reply to my email regarding tracking info either...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem to consistently take a long time to ship orders. :( Hope you get yours soon!

      Delete
  12. I too have been waiting for an order. No customer service help and the tracking number does not work. Won't be ordering from them again.While I am disappointed to hear the quality is so poor I would still like to have what I paid for. Thanks for posting. Now I know to stop looking for my Christmas sweater to arrive before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. my brother ordered xmas presents for my neice, about $100. still hasn't recieved them. He paid with paypal so I guess he can get his money back or wait until around February to get her presents,

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are a SCAM company. They steal images off the net and advertise the items are on sale. You click to buy and you can only pay through Paypal or Bank Transfer. Then the garbage that takes almost a month to receive all the way from CHINA is an obviousChinese knockoff of the advertised picture. I put a dispute into Paypal for fraud and some lady speaking very thick Chinese called my house at 10:37pm at night offering me a partial $15.00 refund off what I paid $54.16. When I refused and wanted my money back, she hung up.

    Again, I filed a dispute with Paypal who told me I have to return the garbage all the way to China and pay the shipping and handling. Well the return address for this company is a Bank that does NOT accept return packages, meaning that the return package is sent to that addressed, refused acceptance, then is returned to a China post office where it will sit. Buy Trends then says it never received the package back and you are screwed. Total cost of shipping back? FEDEX $95.15 UPS, $85.26 and USPS - $55.27 - all three are MORE than I what I paid for the merchandise!

    Tried to call PayPal won't pick up the phone after being on hold for 127 minutes. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE INTERNATIONAL SCAM ARTISTS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. Mine wasn't quite as bad since it took BuyTrends 3 months to send my merchandise and by then Paypal had already refunded my money. I definitely agree that BuyTrends is a scam and I will never be ordering from then again!

      Delete
  15. i order also from this website on 1/11/15 it been a month still haven't received my product they still saying it in transit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe there is some sort of spring festival going on during this time of year. When I ordered it took 90+ days to receive my item. :( Hope your items come soon! :-/

      Delete
  16. This is a scam indeed

    ReplyDelete
  17. Never trust this company. The cloths I ordered are low quality, way off size, totally different look from the photos posted!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...