Vacation Time! (for a photographer)

1. Adaptor Plug • 2. Passports • 3. Jeans • 4. Ipad • 5. lens

As mentioned before, Justin and I are planning a trip to NYC this year and a trip to Germany in 2014. The planner that I am, I already have a list of things that I want to remember to take. My list includes things Justin and I need to buy as well as things I simply don't want to forget.

Being a photographer (or at least amateur), I have specific camera needs I want to be sure I do not forget. Obviously, I will want to bring my camera. (It is maybe 7 or 8 years old, but it still works!) My favorite lenses are my 50mm and telephoto lenses. Since I can't take a bunch of lenses, we are looking at purchasing this lens. I especially love that this lens is much better in low light situations than any lenses I currently have. (I might try to get some lenses for my cell phone too!)

I'm also going to need new memory cards and camera batteries. After I bought a battery adaptor for my camera, I quit using regular Canon batteries with my camera and succumbed to using double A's.  (The camera batteries were slowly wearing down and not lasting as long as they should.) While replacing the batteries will be expensive up front, I know it will end up being cheaper in the long run and much better for the environment.

Then Justin and I started thinking about backing up my images. I can easily take over 1000 images a day (or in 6 hours), so we knew we needed to be able to back my images up without risking the loss of my $3000 nearly 3-year old laptop. (It's still a baby!) Instead, Justin and I are looking into buying an ipad to solve this problem which would allow us to save images to the cloud (as well as a second source beyond the camera card).

I will also probably find myself purchasing a camera bag/purse. I don't know what airport security is like, but if at all possible, I want to keep my camera as close to me as possible. I wouldn't know what to do without my (not) baby!

Starting in February, Justin and I will be applying for our passports. In the past I have heard horror stories about this process, so I am wanting to apply for them as soon as possible. It will be exciting for us to travel overseas for our first time ever! (If it didn't cost so much to travel, it would be very tempting to go ahead and go this year!)

It's nice to be on top of things; I just hope I can continue to stay on top of travel expenses and saving.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...