October Lookback

 


Here's where I am:


Listening to:

the Partridge Family and endless Zoom calls with the kids' teachers.

Remembering:

when I started working for the family I'm currently working for. They are currently in the process of moving to a larger house and I'm so jealous.

Planning:

Christmas. I just ordered gifts for friends, my niece, my nephew, a gift for my brother's new baby, the family I used to work for (and may work for next spring), and my grandparents.

Anxious about:

covid-19. I don't want to get sick and I feel like the world is making it impossible to not get sick.

Interested to Know:

who will win the election in the US.


Shopping:
• Free People Sweet Pea Tank in black, ivory, and blue
• Free People Prudence Pullover in desert rose
• Free People We the Free Daydream Tunic in greenstone
• Free People Juliana Maxi Dress in sunrise
• Free People Nora Mini Skirt in allium and sky
• Free People Summer Storm Slip in serenity, ivory, and black
• Free People Saturday Morning Cardigan in rose and ivory from Poshmark, turquoise from Ebay
• Free People Nina Bandeau in black and ivory
• Free People Reel Love Midi Dress in orangeade from Free People and electric pink and white from Nordstrom
• Free People End of the Island Godet Skirt in washed black
• Free People Adella bralette in ballet from Von Maur
Jules Babydoll Top from Anthropologie
Lise Turquoise Pendant Necklace in turquoise and grey from Anthropologie
• Free People Santa Fe Slide Set in antique silver, amethyst, silver, silver rose
• Lulu's babydoll black dress from Poshmark


• tiki glasses from Trader Vics
• Double-sided hemming tape
• candy for Halloween
• Hydra Global Serum Anti-Aging Hydration Booster from Ebay

Reading:




100 Cookies by Sarah Kieffer

We made two different types of chocolate chip cookies: Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies and Thin and Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies. My personal favorite was the thin and crispy. I liked the taste better than the brown butter cookies. We also got many more cookies out of the batch. However, I much preferred the baking time for the Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies - 8 minutes for soft cookies and 10 for more crispy cookies. Essentially the Brown Butter Cookies came together more quickly than the Thin and Crispy cookies.

I've very much enjoyed looking through the recipes in this book and I'm looking forward to making more on the cold winter days ahead.

Quarantine Notes:

Now, 1 month out of quarantine:
• started ordering from Instacart. Comparing prices from Whole Foods, Publix, and Kroger.
• Weight on it's way up. I got accepted for a trial with Weight Watchers, so I'm watching my food intake. 
• We've been trying different recipes from different kinds of blueberry scones to chocolate chip cookies to edible dough to Mexican taco soup.
• I've been working on a photo book and putting off all of my household chores to do so. It has involved the editing of eight years of photos.
• Listening to kids do school online and I'm loving the new direction my job has taken.


Lookbacks from Earlier This Year:
Jan • Feb • Mar • Apr • May • Jun • Jul • Aug • Sep


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...