IWSG 2020 #10

 


September Goals
 Find a place to live.

Additional Successes
• Editing 8 years of images for a book. 
• ALL of the baking! Two types of chocolate chip cookies, banana bread, 2 types of scones
• Started Christmas shopping!
• Made a gif from old images.
• Tried Uber Eats for a fun dinner at home.
• Learned to make margaritas with top-shelf tequila. YUM!
• Tried new shampoo/conditioner/scalp lotion and face moisturizer. Pretty happy with some of my discoveries.
• Tea.
• My bro and SIL are pregnant with their third!
• Made some sales on Poshmark!

October Goals
– Print my book.
– Clean including washing sheets, cleaning the bathroom.
– Finish planning Christmas presents.

IWSG Question –– When you think of the term working writer, what does that look like to you? What do you think it is supposed to look like? Do you see yourself as a working writer or aspiring or hobbyist, and if latter two, what does that look like?

That looks like someone that is paid to write a book, articles, or other types of writing. Maybe that individual wrote their piece and then was paid for their writing or maybe they were asked to write something and were paid for writing that piece.

In that sense, I am not a working writer. Recently I've barely been able to keep up with my blog, even with working from home during the pandemic. My focus has been moreso on editing images, finding new ways to make money, and cleaning my home. 

I'm not sure if I want to be a working writer. If that means being paid for writing something I've already written or plan to write, I'm ok with that. I'm worried about being asked to stick to a particular time frame or being asked to have a certain opinion or write about a topic that doesn't interest me. Given that I already have a job, I don't really have an interest in putting more time in to something that doesn't interest me or overcommitting myself.

Your Turn

Fall is certain to throw a loop for all of us with covid-19 still an issue. Halloween is the first major community-based holiday many of us will not be participating in this year. Will you be planning holiday celebrations differently this year? Because covid-19 has been around so long at this point, will it show up in your writing?

IWSG posts: #1 #2#3#4#5#6#7#8, #9

Click here to learn more and
link up with IWSG!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...