IWSG 2020 #8


July Goals
Make returns to Amazon
Send Hannah a graduation card
Watch weight. Walk more. Eat more veggies. Eat less sugar.
send returns to Free People
Finish going through clothes.

Additional Successes
• unlocked a $100 gift card (which doesn't sound terrible, but it took 5 calls)
• Sold $100 in stuff online
• Researched gender dysphoria and learned more about it
• Learned how to make my favorite salad dressing.
• Traveled across the country on a whim.
• Bought 9 bottles of wine from my favorite winery.
• Cleaned a sweater that I thought was permanently stained.
• Tried new things with my husband.
• painted stools where the paint had chipped off.
• went through doll clothes
• went through kitchen stuff and photography equipment in the basement
• installed a window ac unit in the master bedroom
• hung room darkening curtains
• lost a pound

August Goals
– Tea and relax. I'm going back to work, so I need to do some self-care.
– Continue making returns.
– Finish the master bedroom curtains
– Wash all of the bedding and towels before returning to work.
– Thoroughly dust.
– Condition the leather couch.

IWSG Question –– Have you ever written a piece that became a form, or even a genre, you hadn't planned on writing in? Or do you choose a form/genre in advance?

I'm pretty sure I choose my form/genre in advance, though I can see how it could happen that your form or genre evolves over time.

Your Turn

Even though covid-19 is still going strong, I will be returning to work at the end of the month. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'm not sure how I feel about upping my potential for illness or losing my free time, but I am grateful for money. I am grateful for all that I have been able to accomplish over the past few months. Deep cleaning, putting items up for sale and selling a few of them. Framing pictures, "editing" my closet, trying new things, meeting new people (online). I'm grateful for all I've learned and become. I will be interested to see how things progress and change in the next few months, learning what the covid-world and post-covid-world are like.

Will August bring anything new to your life? Are you ready for back-to-school and all that fall brings? Was summer all that you hoped for or did it feel lacking this year?

However you feel, I want you to know what someone told me: you are brave. You are brave for working when covid is threatening your life. You are brave for staying home and lessening the impact covid can have on others. You are brave for sending your kids to school or keeping them home for virtual learning. You are brave for tackling the unknown or not allowing your anxiety to get the best of you.

Live that. Know that. Believe that.

You. are. brave.

And I wish you the most amazing August.

IWSG posts: #1 #2#3#4#5#6, #7

Click here to learn more and
link up with IWSG!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...