August Lookback


Here's where I am:


Listening to:

Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid, movie playing in the background as I do other things, like write a blog post. ;-)

Remembering:

this past Christmas. Getting one last Christmas with my husband's grandmother. What will this year look like?

Planning:

nothing much during covid, except going back to work and getting household chores done/finding new ways to fix things while I have time to experiment

Anxious about:

My job. I will be helping the kids with their studies and I'm anxious about doing a good job with that.

Also keeping up with online friends.

Interested to Know:

how covid will continue to play out. When will a vaccine be available?


Shopping:
• UO Haverford Frock Midi Dress from Urban Outfitters
Free People Marley Straw Hat in pink and green
• Lucky Brand Emmie Ballet Flats in black from Belk
• Free People Vacay Tank Top in black from Belk
• Free People Denim A-Line Skirt from Belk
• Free People Krissy High-Rise Skinny Jeans in black from Macy's
• Free People Time Out Tunic from Belk
• Free People Encrusted Mini Dress in black from ASOS
• Free People Kiss Kiss Tunic in white, blue, and turquoise on Poshmark
• Girls' Sparkle Leggings by Cat & Jack in black and burgundy from Target
• Girls' Mid-Length Bike Shorts by Cat & Jack in pink and black from Target
• Girls' 3 pk Black Leggings by Cat & Jack from Target
• Girls' Leggings in pink, yellow, and navy from Target
• Girls Casual Socks 6 pk Cat & Jack white from Target


• Fringed Macramé Hammock from Anthropologie
• Leather paint, finisher, and paint brushes
• printer ink
• WD-40 to get out stains (and it worked!)
• multiple picture frames for framing artwork
• containers to organize bathroom

Reading:

Less. 

Receiving fewer texts since I've been so busy. :-/

Also reading fewer magazines.

Quarantine Notes:

Now, 5 months in:

• Created a PDF to JPG converter
• Submitted information to get cashback on purchases
• made more sales on Poshmark & Ebay: now I've sold a total of $470 since covid started
• $30 sold on Ebay, $70 sold on Poshmark
• Learning more about how to save the most when shipping via USPS; unfortunately, USPS is also going through the ringer due to the current US president
• Converted all 7k+ of my image files from my road trip to DNG files.
• Moved 6k+ iPhone photos to the correct folder/backed them up.
• My birthday! -- We made fresh tomato sauce from tomatoes picked in my grandfather's garden, homemade pasta, homemade strawberry buttermilk ice cream, homemade buttermilk cake with peach filling and a whipped cream topping, homemade dinner rolls with garlic butter, and salad with a homemade dressing. It was the perfect dinner!
• I got my job back! Started this week.
• We bought Ghiradelli chocolate syrup. Combined with my favorite organic milk, I've been loving my dessert in a glass.
• Got devastating new from my husband and promptly lost 4 pounds. Gained back the weight. Oops. Currently searching for a therapist.
• As a result of the news, talking more.
• Got stains out of a few pieces of clothing!
• Painted the stools we have where the paint had chipped.
• Cleaned out my childhood doll trunk
• Cleaned out some of the basement. Got rid of a box of old food and photography equipment.
• Cleaned out husband's tees.
• Conditioned the leather couch.
• Hung curtains.
• Put a window AC unit in the bedroom. Now we can sleep at night.
• Bought picture frames and framed artwork from travels. Now to hang them!
• Bought pillows and the pillow cases that go with our duvet. 
• Broke my iPhone last month, so I upgraded to an iphone XE. Leather case and headphone adaptor bought as well.
• Cleaned out the bathroom cabinet of unused toiletries.
• Made 2 online friends. <3 Billy and a guy from Scotland. I get to hear about 3yo tea parties and get tips on where to travel when I eventually make it to Scotland!
• received a bunch of cute letters/cards from the kids I watch for my birthday!


Lookbacks from Earlier This Year:
Jan • Feb • Mar • Apr • May • JunJul


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...