November IWSG 2019


October Goals
Finish Christmas present.
Put summer 2020 plans into a Google map. Research.
Buy a birthday card.

Additional Successes
• Going out to dinner with a coworker (being social, trying to make friends)
• Went ice skating for the first time in months! (Was afraid to do so.)
• Survived trip to NOLA with friends. (Traveling with others can be hard.)
• Met an awesome guy. He taught me a lot about psychology and was there for me when I needed someone to talk to. <3
• Also, met an amazing woman. She's helped me with my confidence and has been a fantastic listening ear in the process.
• spent 14 hours + working on travel plans
• learning Trello and Slack. I'm the admin for the Slack group, and I don't know what I'm doing. Trello has been pretty intuitive, and it's been interesting to see the different organizational methods I and my friends take when planning travel with Trello. (I think we have different ideas about organization and it takes everything within me not to 'fix' things. lol.)
• Made it through the first session of French!
• Booked flight to Paris for summer 2020 travel
• fixed brakes on car
• Returned an item to the store on time (the little things, right?)

November Goals
– Ship 3 Christmas presents.
– Finish Christmas shopping. (11 gifts needed)
– Decide about Christmas travel, if any.
– Buy a birthday gift.

IWSG Question –– What's the strangest thing you've ever googled in researching a story?

I can't think of anything strange I've ever googled when researching a story.

Inspiration/Realization

Just my opinion, but if you need help dealing with anxiety, I recommend checking out 7 Cups of Tea. Don't be afraid to chat with others (like I was). Some of the listeners on there are good and know a lot about psychology/neurology, others just want to help, and others should be avoided. Honestly, you never know who you will be talking to. But my husband agrees that since I've been talking to others about my problems, I've been happier and had more confidence.

One of the things I've learned since using 7 Cups is that a lot of people are dealing with so much more than you can ever be aware of – sadness, depression, loneliness, anxiety. It's heartbreaking, really.

But, if you are dealing with any of these things, it's helpful to know that you aren't alone! There are people out there, strangers even, that want to help you be your best self. There are people that care even when you think there is no real reason that they should.

Talking to strangers online is no substitute for speaking to a therapist or psychologist as needed. Please seek help from a doctor or someone trained if you are in a crisis situation. But for those of you that just need a listening ear, 7 Cups can be a great alternative.

Your Turn

Did you overcome any challenges in October? What all will you need to do to get ready for the upcoming holiday season? How do you deal with stress?

Past IWSG posts: FebruaryMarchMayJuneJulyAugSepOct


Click here to learn more and
link up with IWSG!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...