November Lookback





The year is quickly coming to a close, and I find myself in a completely different place mentally (and physically) than I was last year ago at this time. I guess that's part of the aging process? I've learned a lot about myself this year putting my heart on the line and trying a bunch of new things, some of which have scared me. Here's where I am now, in anticipation of what's to come in December:

Listening to:

Interstellar, Pink Panther (animation), Lady Bird, The Pink Panther (movie, 1963)

music from Henri Mancini

Remembering:

driving from Boston to NYC to DC to Asheville (NC) in search of leaves two years ago. It was so beautiful and I hope I will get an opportunity like that again in the future. I especially remember going to a jazz club in NYC while not feeling great and just being swept away by the music. The jazz club, Mezzrow, is now a go-to for me every time I find myself in NYC. I just love it so.


Planning:

trying to figure out Christmas presents. Last year at this time I was almost done! Why am I so behind this year?


Also, travel to Scotland. Very lowkey, but still on my radar.

Anxious about: 

the holidays with family. It's my niece's first birthday, so the family is coming into town. It's looking to be a little crazy.


Interested to Know:

if I will one day go to Australia. Met an Australian online and he sent me the cutest video of kangaroos! He and I both want to see NYE fireworks over the Sydney Opera House, so I'm thinking maybe for 2021?


And at the same time, the kids I watch want to go to Quebec for carnival in 2020. They are concerned their mom won't go, so they asked me to go if they saved up enough money. I agreed. I highly doubt I will go, but I am so happy that they thought of me. And wanted me to go with them! SOOO sweet.

Keeping A Secret:

I met this guy from the UK in October and he was so nice to talk to. Last I heard, he said he would "endeavor" to make time to talk with me and I haven't heard from him since. It makes me a little sad.


And he's not the only one who has said that. I'm actually beginning to think it's a trend for UK people.

YES, let's be friends! Except not.

To be fair though, there's an American guy I've been getting to know that I thought wouldn't stick around and yet every morning without fail he greets me with a text "Good morning ladybug!" and that brings me the utmost joy. And then we chat off and on all day long. I am so grateful for his friendship and distraction. It's always nice having one more person on your side. And because he's Indian, I've been trying all of the Indian food.

Shopping:

Free People Lina Lace Top in black and white

• skinny black jeggings from Express

Reading:

yet again, nothing.


I've been staying busy meeting new people, attending parties, watching movies, and doing research for Scotland. I find all of these things more valuable than reading a book.

However, a friend affectionately called me an "uncultured swine", so perhaps I need to get back into it?




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...