Kula Botanical Gardens


Kula Botanical Garden sign

Address: 638 Kekaulike Ave, Kula, HI 96790
Hours: 9am-4pm (daily)
Cost: $10/adult, children 6-12 are $3, under 6 are free

Kula Botanical Garden gift shop

Kula Botanical Gardens is another location in Maui where you will want to designate at least two hours for exploration. You will walk in through the gift shop where you will pay and get a laminated map for exploring the gardens. The attendant recommended that, once we were in the gardens to keep taking lefts so that we wouldn't get lost. That ended up being wise advise because the garden area is huge with many sidepaths to explore.

Even though the garden area is fairly large, the crowd on that fateful February day was still rather large, so you don't end up with too much peace and tranquility. I still recommend seeing and exploring the area though.

And while I don't see the option on the Kula Botanical Garden website, while we were there we did overhear a tour explaining the plants and animals of the garden. This would be a great option if you have a particular interest in the plants and animals of Hawai'i!

Kula Botanical Garden waterfall

Kula Botanical Garden flower

Kula Botanical Garden tree

Kula Botanical Garden gazebo

Kula Botanical Garden tree

Kula Botanical Garden flower

Kula Botanical Garden view


When I was planning my trip to Maui, I remember trying to decide between the Kula Botanical Gardens, the Ali'i Lavender Farm, and the Maui Tropical Plantation. I'm so glad I did them all. Each one was a unique and fun experience, a different way to see Maui for the island the plants and animals that make it so special.

Do you enjoy botanical gardens? Have you ever been to any particularly unique ones?

–––––––––––––––––––––––

It's day five in the A-Z blog challenge! This month I'll be sharing all about my five year anniversary in Hawai'i – providing insight into the places I went, reviewing the hotels I stayed at, and telling my story. Today's letter was E for ESCAPING traditional beach activities on Maui Island! (See part 1 and part 2.)


ABCD


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...