Wordless Wednesday #20

Cinque Terre (May 2015)

Dear Friends,

Here's the deal: My current employment ends this week. I think the one downside to watching kids for years and years on end is that you grow attached. I mean – they aren't your kids, but you love them. So emotional roller coaster there.

I was hoping that another position would pop up in the area where I had been working. To continue seeing many of these kids on a daily basis would definitely be a win, even if I wasn't caring for them; however, nothing came up. My search and hope was fruitless.

Instead, a position on the other side of town is now screening me for employment. Same work, longer commute, longer hours, less vacation time. (Higher pay, though + paid holidays.)

Honestly, I have no idea what this will mean for my blog. On top of the first emotional roller coaster of moving out of an area I love so very much, I've had to deal with yet a second emotional roller coaster with regards to my blog. I love writing, editing pictures, and sharing my travels with you all. I love the community I've found. But I am currently not in a position where I can rely on blogging to make ends meet.

August will be the roughest month I go through, if I get this job. Many days will be 9.5 hours of work + 3 hours (total, without considering traffic) of commute time. I had originally planned to share 30 days of Miami+ Key West in August, but I'm not sure if that's going to happen. Working with a slow computer makes me … slow. Luckily, my husband has agreed that if I get the job, I can get a new computer! So yay!! (And use Photoshop and Lightroom CC.)

So, anyway, I just wanted to share all of this with you all. My abnormal silence isn't about you, it's about me. It's about a new life stage and working through my emotions… I hope you understand. ❤️



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...