Wordless Wednesday #18

Cinque Terre (May 2015)

With Bastille Day right around the corner, I can't help but think back to last summer when we were exploring the coast of Brittany, France and the city of Versailles. We probably shouldn't have gone (money, timing), but I don't regret it in the least. I remember how striking it was seeing crystal clear, turquoise water for the first time (The Atlantic Ocean on the east coast of the US can be kind of murky and not nearly as pretty.), eating delicious crépes, finding the world's most cooling gelato (It was hot!), seeing fireworks and fountains, exploring gardens, and getting Coldplay's "A Sky Full of Stars" stuck in my head.

It was amazing and completely different from every trip to France I had taken before.

Every time I return to France, it's a new experience.

And each time I return, it only seems to get better.

So, this is my reminder to my readers: go out and live your life. Accomplish the things on your bucket list. Be ready for new adventures. And look back not with regret but with contentedness. You only live life once.

Is there something you've done that, looking back, probably wasn't the best idea but is an experience you don't regret having? … Even knowing what you know now? 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...