What is the best season to travel in?

When I think back, I'm pretty sure my love for travel began the moment I stepped off of my Delta flight in 2014 in Paris, France. I had known about this trip and saved for this trip for just over a year. In fact, planning for this trip brought up almost every possible emotion a person could feel. I was anxious about leaving my home country, I was worried about not being able to speak the language, I was concerned about making a fool of myself for not knowing or understanding the customs (and attending a wedding!). Some days I would cry myself to sleep while other days I was beyond elated to be planning this trip.

Planning was everything … and nothing.

During that first trip to Europe, we flew into Paris (because of cost), spent a night in the city of love then drove on to Stuttgart and Munich, Germany; Venice, and Cinque Terre, Italy; Marseille, Provence, and ended up back in Paris, France for a couple of days. Basically, we had a good overview of Europe.

As emotional as the first trip was, I was eager to return a second time … and then a third time!

But one thing I've found is that every time we go, every season we go, we get to explore Europe in a whole new way. There is nothing quite like seeing snow on the ground in Germany and Paris and comparing that to the beautiful florals of spring! Then in France, you've got gorgeous Christmas displays in shop windows during the holiday season followed up with stunning fireworks over the Eiffel Tower on July 14th. I mean – is there really a best time of year to travel to these places?

You tell me. 







Whether your love for travel began in Europe or your own back yard (or maybe you don't have a love of travel at all?), what is your favorite season to explore somewhere new?

* I'm participating in #30Lists. Today's prompt is: You know the seasons are changing when… Unfortunately, none of these images are mine. :( My images are currently going through a two-day backup process onto a new hard drive. All of these images came from various websites at The Stocks and were provided free for commercial use with no attribution required.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...