Friday Five – Happiness Edition

Cathedral Caverns – March, 2016

2016 hasn't gone quite as planned. There have been ups and downs, lefts and rights. It's been crazy. So today I'm going to share with you the five best things that have happened in the past 3 months.

1. I got to start the year in Germany!

We also explored Prague, Paris, Strasbourg, and NYC. I seriously can't wait to return!

And just as a heads up, April (for the A-Z challenge) will be filled with my travel experiences beginning on day one A with all of the planning I did in preparation for my 2015/2016 year end/year beginning trip to Europe and ending on day Z when Justin and I were "zonked" after our travels and returning home.

2. As of this month, planning a trip to NYC!

We will be exploring Brooklyn, Queens, Chinatown, and neighboring Jersey City all during one of the busiest and craziest American holidays of the year. I'm blessed to have the opportunity to go and a husband that wants to take me. 

3. Getting to try a GoPro!

After my 2014 trip to Europe, I decided I needed a lighter camera. GoPros are awesome for video, getting wet, and sports photography/videography. Mirrorless are a good DSLR replacement that is light in weight and offers the opportunity to swap out lenses.

Having the opportunity to try a GoPro at no cost has been so awesome! I only have it for 3 weeks and I'm trying to figure out how to get me and it to the beach to test the "waters" so to speak. I've already been taking advantage of the video features and playing with how to connect it to my phone.

4. Going caving for the first second time! (Does Ruby Falls count?)

What started out as a day trip to Huntsville, Alabama where we were going to explore the botanical gardens turned into a cave trip when it started raining. Apparently Cathedral Caverns was the perfect choice for a rainy Saturday afternoon! At $17 a person, it wasn't cheap, but the half mile walk inside the beautiful caves got me excited about possibly entertaining a new hobby – caving! Of course the realization that most caving takes place in wet, muddy, cold environments that require crawling and old clothes tempered that excitement almost immediately. Oh well! It was a fun and memorable experience while it lasted. :)

5. February's #LoveBlog and this month's randomness. (Or at least it feels random.)

I have received nearly double the views on this blog since changing up the format! Are you all enjoying my writing style? Is the format more conducive to clicking? I don't know what's going on, but I love you all too! ;)

Anyway, hope everyone is having a good Friday (on Good Friday!). Have a fantastic Easter weekend! :) And feel free to share some of your favorite things that have happened this year in the comments! I'd love to hear! :)

Linking up for Friday Five with
Eat Pray Run DC
Mar On the Run
and You Signed Up For What?!


8 comments:

  1. I have visited Paris but never Germany. That is on my list. I have never tried a Go Pro. I would like to test one of those out. Looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paris will always have my <3. I love the architecture and the food and the shopping…

      But Germany is lovely! The landscape is breathtaking! :) Just don't eat sausage for like a month or two before you go. I got so sick of it while we were there! ;)

      Trying a GoPro has been interesting… I'm not sure if it's my favorite camera, so it's nice being able to try it before purchasing! Can't wait to upload my videos and images to the computer and see what I *actually* got though!

      Delete
  2. Gosh, it's been a pretty good year. Probably going skiing was the highlight so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never been skiing. I really will have to try it one day. Where is your favorite place to ski?

      Delete
  3. So far 2016 has been a good year. So interesting travel for work, planning some exciting things for the rest of the year, AND training for my first marathon. Glad you liked Europe. I have lived here 23 years and love it !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck on the training! Everyone I know who has competed in a marathon has loved it!

      What kind of exciting things are you planning for the rest of the year?

      And where do you live in Europe? I am so jealous of the delicious food and gorgeous cities you all have there!

      Delete
  4. Ooooh, all your travels sound absolutely amazing! I've never been to Prague but my husband says it is one of his favorite cities EVER. Caving is so much fun, too! I went caving in Belize and it was such a unique experience. Congratulations on the increase in blog views after changing up your format - that must feel awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prague is beautiful albeit cold in the winter!

      I have to ask was caving in Belize cold, wet, muddy, and intense? Or more of a touristy thing? I'd love to explore more caves I'm just afraid of the cold and wet (at the same time!) part. :-/

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...