5 Travel Websites

While I was in Europe I was asked "how do you find those deals?" Well … I have decided to share with the masses. :) The following websites often provide good deals for travelers, especially those that don't have plans set in stone.

1. Extreme Hotel Deals


This site is awesome if you know you want to go somewhere, but you don't know when you want to go. I've seen deals pop up as far into the future as April of next year or as recently as within a few days. By far the best hotel deal I've seen posted on this site was a hotel for Paris where you could stay the night for free! Do keep in mind that the deals tend to go pretty quick. You also have to plan around the deal dates. I haven't taken advantage of any of the deals posted by this site, but I'm hoping if I watch it long enough, someday something will pop up! :)

2. Fare Deal Alert and The Flight Deal




Both of these websites post flight deals. Really, it is as simple as that. These sites will most likely benefit Americans more than foreigners, but occasionally roundtrip flights are posted that I'm sure could benefit those that are not in American. :)

3. Boarding Area


I love the boarding area bloggers! They post so much useful information – everything from flight deals, how to rack up credit card points, how to save money, hotel deals, and giveaways galore! Once again, Boarding Area will most likely benefit American readers the most; however, if you travel at all, I'm certain you can find deals on this site that make it worth following.

4. Slickdeals


If you are down to the wire and you have one day to plan your trip, where do you go? For me, it's slickdeals. They have a forum just for travelers. Don't get me wrong – Slickdeals is by far not the best travel forum choice available. It is an awesome choice when looking for deals for practically anything else though. Last year, using only slickdeals, we were able to obtain a room for $200 for 3 nights including breakfast. In my opinion, that is definitely a slick deal! :)

5. Kayak


Finally, if you've booked the hotel (or even if you haven't) and you want to compare prices on that or a flight or a car … or whatever … check out Kayak. This website makes it super easy to compare rates and make sure you are getting the best deal for whatever you need for your trip.

What websites do you use when planning trips? Any of the ones I've mentioned? Any others that I should know about?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...