I Won!!


Well…kind of.

This month's challenge: NaBloPoMo

Today's prompt: If you found one million dollars in the morning and had to spend it by nightfall, what would you do with the money?

Talk about stressful!!! First of all, am I going to jail for spending this obscene amount of money? Is this money anything like vaporware* – widely advertised but not actually existing? If that's the case, I am definitely going to jail!!

Ok, so kidding aside, we are pretending like I really do have a million dollars to spend in one day. Luckily Justin and I have a list of wants! Wahoo! (I mean, seriously, I would just want to put it into savings. Since this option is unavailable, we're going down the spending list!)

1. House – $750,000

If I want to live where I currently reside, houses are expensive. That amount of money promises a new residence with a garage, a driveway, at least 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, a backyard with a tree or two (the more the merrier!), a decent sized kitchen and a living room all within walking distance to downtown.

2. Car - $15,000 ($765,000)

I don't buy new, but I definitely think this amount of money would get me a *pretty* car with AC, leather seats, a sun roof, and it has to have less than 20,000 miles on it. (Otherwise what's the point in buying a new-to-me used car?)

3. Laptop x 2 - $7,000 ($772,000)

One for me. One for Justin. With all of the newest Mac based upgrades.

4. (Flat) Big Screen TV - $1,000 ($773,000)

I have no idea how much those go for since they are usually out of reach. I usually don't mind being without a tv, but if I'm upgrading my life I might as well get a tv. I don't need cable, but it would definitely be fun to watch movies on! :)

5. Truck for Justin - $10,000 ($783,000)

If we have the money, why not? He'd want stick-shift and those are usually cheaper.

6. 5d Mark III - $3000 ($786,000)

I think that's how much those are going for now? Anyway, it'd be awesome to have! It'd make my life soooo much easier! (Y'know bigger sense that lets more light in and makes it easier to get the shot?_)

7. Lenses galore! - approx. $10,000 ($796,000)

I have no idea how many lenses I am without, but I have no doubt that if I went off and bought a few L series lenses it would get pretty expensive. Most importantly I am in need of a macro lens and a wide angle lens. It would be nice to have them all under or at about f/2. It'd also be really cool to have a lens for shooting stars! :)

8. Furniture and decorations for the house above - $5,000 ($801,000)

I have to fill the space somehow!

9. Books - $300 ($801,300)

$150 each for Justin and I to spend on books. Lots and lots of books. :)

10. First class plane tickets for our trip to Germany - $10,000 ($811,300)

I'm running out of selfish brain power on this prompt! At least we'd be living it up getting to Germany! It'd also be nice to figure out our exact plans so that I can go ahead and book hotel rooms, rental car, etc... for us and our friends assuming we venture off to other areas in Europe. I think that might be asking for a little too much pre-planning though, so for now I am keeping it at super expensive plane tickets.

11. Week trip to NYC for Christmas: plane tickets and hotel!!! My dream!! - $5,000 ($816,300)

Also an attempt to live it up! Does Justin have another week of vacation time left? Eh! I'll take a family member or friend if he doesn't! :)

12. Photoshoot in NYC & Overseas when we go - $20,000 ($836,300)

Can I have a little Sue Bryce style in my life? Fancy shoot in iconic places? :)

12. Savings bonds, friends, family, the needy, paying off loans/credit cards, I don't know!! - $163,700

I'm seriously out of ideas! Thus far I have neglected everyone I care about and the people that need the money most. It was fun though! (Although I am certain sharing the money would be more fun.)

So what would you do if you had 1 million to spend on absolutely anything (within a day's time)? Would you be crazy stressed out and overwhelmed? Or would you know exactly how you wanted to spend the money?


*Don't ask. Word of the day.
** This post is thanks to NaBloPoMo, offering bloggers tips on blogging, monthly blogging prompts, and chances to win prizes! :)


1 comment:

  1. Before I rambled about food, I thought of answering this. I think our lists are similar. I definitely would want a house (in Colorado), and car upgrades. And a big yard for the dogs. Some iPads. After that, I was kind of stuck.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...