Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah: 2015 A-Z Review


One of my favorite rides at Walt Disney World in Florida is Splash Mountain. It's based loosely on the book by Joel Chandler Harris entitled Uncle Remus. At the beginning of the ride (as with most) everything is pleasant and happy. Absolutely nothing could go wrong! Until it does. You get caught and tossed into the briar patch! (Or take a nasty spill down a waterfall.) Ahhh! But y'know what? This is a children's story: at the end of the day everyone is singing and happy. :)

♫ "Zip-a-dee-doo-dah… zip-a-dee-a… My oh my, what a wonderful day! Plenty of sunshine heading my way! Zip-a-dee-doo-dah… zip-a-dee-a…!"

Isn't that pretty similar to life itself?

You have all of these ups and downs, a roller coaster of emotions, and, hopefully, at the end, everything ends up just as it should. Maybe it's not how you planned or what you expected, but, no matter, it works!

During the past month, participating in the A-Z blogging challenge has been that roller coaster ride for me. While I was already blogging 5 days a week, it was a little more challenging to try to find intentional words to fit into my blogging "scheme". As if that weren't enough of a challenge, I upped the ante for myself by visiting as many blogs as it took to get 5 comments written for other bloggers per day. Sometimes I visited more, sometimes less, but I'm fairly certain that in the past few weeks I have visited at least a few hundred blogs! I know that the hosts made an attempt to visit all of the blogs and comment at least once and I am so impressed with their agility in visiting nearly 2,000 other blogs involved as well as keeping up with their own blog writing! (Do you all have jobs and families too?!?!)

One of the biggest differences for me between this year and last is that last year my days were not planned at all AND my husband and I were leaving to go to Europe. I ended last year on V (for Victory!) and never looked back.

Well, today I'm looking back, at 2014's posts and 2015's. Before I get to the end of this blog post I also plan on sharing 5 (more) of my favorite A-Z bloggers whom I hope I will continue to enjoy following long after the April A-Z 2015 is completed! 

2014
• Beautiful Clothes – featuring Worn on TV and my favorite Anthropologie dress ever - the Geojacquard!
J is for Top Gun – I love 80s movies and Top Gun is definitely a favorite! Watching the making of the movie on Youtube was really enlightening, and I love that I went against the grain and talked about something that didn't technically start with the letter J…
Now & Then: 5 Favorite 90's Movies – Children's movies were awesome in the 90s. :)
Post-Easter Cupcake Deliciousness – The images of these delectable treats make me so happy!
Scatterbrained & Stressed + So Much Candy! – Yum!

2015
Absence – In this post I discussed the Germanwings crash as well as He Wanted the Moon by Mimi Baird. I feel like I was really able to pull the two topics together well, and I was grateful for all of the comments and feedback I received on the post!
Georgia A-Z – I had a lot of fun putting these posts together and really considering what all there is to do in my home state. While I think my writing could have been a bit better had I given myself more time to research and put together my blog posts, it was a fun series and I would love to do something like this again!
Impressive! Cookie Love – Reviewing cookbooks combines a few of my favorite things: getting new products to try for free (specifically books), making delicious treats, and spending time with my super-understanding husband. Yes, I would definitely do this again. :)
Delicious Recipes + review of Sweetapolita – This was another fun cookbook review that I got to do on behalf of Blogging For Books. :) Have you entered my giveaway yet?

5 More Blogs I Enjoyed Reading During the 2015 A-Z Challenge:
Reel Focus Pushing the Pen A Postcard A Day Life In German Internet Marketing & SEO

Now that I've shared about my experience with blogging A-Z, tell me about yours. I'd love to hear from you! Be sure to link-up your blog and perhaps share a bit about yourself in the comments! I'd love to meet more of you!

** Participate in the A-Z blogging challenge with me! You know you want to! :)

5 comments:

  1. That brings back a lot of memories! Our kids liked that ride best too. We have photos of the splash! They first went to Disneyland in California, then later to Islands of Fantasy in Orlando. I read them Uncle Remus when they were small. . .Excellent Z finish. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the song, but never been to Disney anything.
    It is hard to blog and get to everyone. Getting to all the other blogs is the hard part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, indeed! I'm impressed that you already blog five days a week. I'm not sure I could sustain that, although I do find that the A to Z challenge does help with developing a facility for writing fluidly and quickly.

    Great wrap up post. I'm going to come back and visit each and every one of those links, but first...more comments to leave.

    Be back in May!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there.
    I've been living in the US for more than 15 years and never been to Disney...don't have any desire to do so either! Just popping over today from the Road Trip.

    Entrepreneurial Goddess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would get along wonderfully with my husband! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...