Topics I Like To Talk About

Photo credit: Daniel E. Lee

"I like to start my notes to you as if we're already in the middle of a conversation. I pretend that we're the oldest and dearest friends -- as opposed to what we actually are, people who don't know each other's names." - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

When I first meet someone, I am always a bit apprehensive about opening my mouth. I will either shove my foot in said mouth and make some crazy mistake, I'll misread whatever emotion it is that you feel about any given subject, or my mind will go completely blank. It's not that I don't care about you, I'm just terrible at small talk! The funny thing is that online I don't have that inhibition. I suppose many people don't, but I like knowing that, specifically with a blogpost or e-mail, I can go back and re-write/edit what I'm trying to say until I get it perfect (or run out of time, whichever comes sooner).

Thankfully, once I get to know a person, I am pretty open and, according to friends, "will talk your ears off" if given the chance. Below are just a few of those topics you will find me most intrigued by:
• Photography. If you aren't a photographer though, let's not go there. I don't necessarily want to give beginning photographers a lesson on what to do or what not to do. 
• Food. I know good food, because my husband cooks it and I criticize it. 
• Germany and the German language. I love talking with other Americans, who have been to Europe, about the cultural differences and the struggles to learn/understand the different languages. It makes me feel less alone. :) 
• Children, Education, Reading, Writing, and the importance of Art Education for children. I wrote a 25 page single-spaced 12 point font paper on this subject and studied it for a whole semester during grad school. It's important and should be discussed. 
• Travel including where to go and what to do at given locations assuming I have been to the same locations you are wanting to travel to.
• Women's rights and issues. I am woman, hear me roar! :) 
• Finances and Budgeting. I'm secretly judging you and your methods, most especially if you lack methods. 
• Gossip. I like talking about my family, friends, and favorite tv shows. Who doesn't? 
Basically, if you see it in my blog, I like to talk about it. :) What topics do you like to talk about?

** I'm taking part in 30 Days of Lists! Are you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...